1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family and fears advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by peanutbutter, Jan 13, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

I'm. Loving EC and it's Bern a day. Am I wrong? What should be next.

I'm in the process of being okay with being a lesbian.the word sounds a little more familar. Currently. I cant come out yo my family, why?

1. I have. 63 cousins 8 aunts 3uncles.
    2. We are pentecostal
    3. My mom, aunts, uncles are deacons, minsters one is an elder and another a pastor.
    4. My grandma has 19 siblings one has 22 kids. 3 are alive and pastors.
    5. Its hard
    6. I attend a college of 1,200 students and 122 proffesors
    7. I am the treasure. Of Christian. Fellowship
    8. I want to.be a minister or deacon (like my mommy)
    9. I cant afford to lose my family its too.many people to lose

I used to cut about this, I wanted to change. I.even trieed to.kill myself. Im glad km african american(scars dont show) I talked with my mommy and I said I don't think its a choice, I didn't say its Bc I have been thing with all.my heart and I don't. Want to let anyone down.

So I am a little.complicated I was.raised.in foster.care My whole life.but.I.stayed closed.physically.withe my bio family. My spiritual. Family a.k.a God family so.when I say mommy I mean my God mom, my bio mom is absentee. My mommy raised me her family adopted.me. her family is more.deep in our faith than mine. Her grandma is our pastor, she is.a.deacon her.mom is.a elder her.sisters.are.minsters and one is a pastor (love her) . So my faith is.big

Sometimes I pray that at age 45 I will stop being gay. There is this girl.and I'm completely into her. She id amazing . We kissed for the first time (k cant sleep) too Bsd we go to.college in two different States. I 'm happy with her.

I'm gay (lesbian) I am enjoying it. Its hard.
    I.might tell me mom tomorrow. She asked last Saturday if this girl and I were dating. She may disagree
    I wont lie

buy I don't lie to her. I wont.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Your are definitely in a very hard situation, but just because your family is very religious it doesn't mean that they will never be able to accept you or that they will reject you. Yeah, they might take more time than other families, but it is still a possibility for them to completely come around.

From your post I take it that your mom sort of knows or did you tell her already?

Its not going to be easy, but you don't have to do it alone. There are many people here who are going through very similar situations so if you ever need advice on anything specifically we can help you out :slight_smile: