1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family and fears advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by peanutbutter, Jan 15, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

family and fears advice

I'm. Loving EC and it's Bern a day. Am I wrong? What should be next.

I'm in the process of being okay with being a lesbian.the word sounds a little more familar. Currently. I cant come out yo my family, why?

1. I have. 63 cousins 8 aunts 3uncles. 2. We are pentecostal 3. My mom, aunts, uncles are deacons, minsters one is an elder and another a pastor. 4. My grandma has 19 siblings one has 22 kids. 3 are alive and pastors. 5. Its hard 6. I attend a collegeof 1,200studentsand 122 proffesors 7. I am the treasure. Of Christian. Fellowship 8. I want to.be a ministeror deacon (likemy mommy) 9. I cant afford to lose my family its too.many people to lose

I used to cut about this, I wanted to change. I.even trieed to.kill myself. Im glad km african american(scars dont show) I talked with my mommy and I said I don't think its a choice, I didn't say its Bc I have been thing with all.my heart and I don't. Want to let anyone down.

So I am a little.complicated I was.raised.in foster.care My whole life.but.I.stayed closed.physically.withe my bio family. My spiritual. Family a.k.a God family so.when I say mommy I mean my God mom, my bio mom is absentee. My mommy raised me her family adopted.me. her familyismore.deep in ourfaith than mine. Her grandma is our pastor, she is.a.deacon her.mom is.a elder her.sisters.are.minsters and one is a pastor (love her) . So my faith is.big

Sometimes I pray that at age 45 I will stop being gay. There is this girl.and I'm completely into her. She id amazing . We kissed for the first time (k cant sleep) too Bsd we go to.college in two different States. I 'm happy with her.

I'm gay (lesbian) I am enjoying it. Its hard. I.might tell me mom tomorrow. She asked last Saturday if this girl and I were dating. She may disagree I wont lie

buy I don't lie to her. I wont.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope that it goes well for you. I know what it is like to have to deal with religion and being LGBT. I used to go to a very homophobic church. I had to deal with having it crammed down my throat that being LGBT "is a sin". It hurt me to hear those words because I had many friends that were LGBT and I was questioning at this point.

For me, the breaking point came when one of my friends posted a pro-LGBT video and members from my old church commented on it saying that she was being tempted by the devil. Another person from the same church said that "America had become too free". I posted a response saying that I did not believe what they said was very Christlike and that I believed that being LGBT was not a choice and not a sin.

I know that there are some other threads that have some scriptures that are misunderstood in the Christian community. You might want to look at those so that if your mom starts to throw those at you, you can show your reasoning for believing that being LGBT is not a sin. I know that those websites helped me a lot when I had to come out to some of my church members.

3. bdman

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. I come from a very large fundamentalist Christian family. I have over 60 relatives living withing 20 miles of me. I am not out because they are very anti-gay. (Pat Robertson types) My family is a huge part of my social life as every other week is a get together of sorts. I can't lose that. The only thing keeping me emotionally connected to them is they don't know I'm gay. Once they know and do not support or accept me, I will take that personally and could not be around them anymore. I can't shake the feeling of embarrassment and shame, because I know what they would think of me once they find out. And they would not accept estrangement either, but try to force me to change through prayer.