1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sense of Wanting Family to Remain Separate?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kawaii Kitty, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

Right now I have a lot of uncertainty in my life.
    -I just recently discovered I'm Bi-Curious.
    -I broke up with my boyfriend.
    -I'm going to ask out my crush on Monday.
    -I have really bad depression at times.
    One thing remains solid despite all of the rest of the wobbling.
    -I want my family life to not be affected.
    This being said I end up acting like how I was years ago around them sometimes, where at school I'm the real me.
    What do I do?
    :help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what particularly is bothering you? It sounds like you have some pretty clear goals for what you want to do - asking out your crush, keeping your personal life and family life separate for now. Is part of the equation bothering you?

How about the depression? Is it self-diagnosed? Do you see a counselor? How much does it affect your life?

3. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Gravity:
    Yes I see a counselor, and I talk to her about everything. It really helps but I was diagnosed with depression. After I told her I cut myself two times (not deep) she said we would focus on that.
    My medicine is helping but sometimes I experience insane guilt or sadness.
    As for your other question I really do not like the equation. It's like I worry about being who I am around family and I hate feeling like that. It's like I'm holding back no matter where I am or who I'm with.

4. Mad Man L

If you want to keep school and home separate, that's perfectly understandable. I do, for the most part.

I'd just try and keep working on your depression and working through your issues at school. When I first found out I was attracted to men, I didn't really open up to anybody.

But if you want to be more yourself around them, try and do that - become more open with them.

5. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Mad Man L:
    Thank you for the advice. ^_^