1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Prefect Little Family or So I thought...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pinklov3ly, Feb 26, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Perfect Little Family or So I thought...

I've been spending the weekend with my amazing boyfriend and our 3 adorable boys. I must admit that I am very happy when we're all together; it makes me believe that I'm actually living proof of the American dream. However, I'm gay; a lesbian, whichever you prefer to call me. I've known for sure since the age of 19, but I ignored my feelings for women hoping they'd go away. Boy, was I in for a surprise as my feelings only became stronger. I don't wanna give up the family I've always dreamed of just to...in all honesty, I really don't know what I am asking for. I'm venting and hopefully, someone can relate to how I feel. I met a really nice girl who is in the same boat as me, and I think I am in love with her. I don't wanna be selfish, but I am not fulfilled in the current relationship. I guess the real question is, should I go or should I stay? I really love my boyfriend, but I don't wanna hurt him. I know this sounds all too familiar, but I'm struggling with letting go more than anything. I've accepted the fact that I'm gay, which took forever, but I'm ready to face the new possibilities in my life as a proud gay woman and Mom.

#1 pinklov3ly, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. secretguyX

Well if you don't honestly love him, I think it'd be best to tell him that. It's only hurting both of you if you can't be with someone who loves you and you love them. But it's important to stay in your kids lives. My parents were divorced, but it didn't bother me that much because I still got to see my father. It's best for both of you to be happy.

3. TruffleDude

There is also the possibility of opening up the marriage. Lots of people do that and are fine with it. Read some more about polyamory and mixed-orientation marriages.

I am not advocating for this or anything else, just throwing ideas out that you may not have considered. I think ultimately only you know what the best decision is for you and your situation. Let us know how it works out.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honesty is always the best policy. I think first of all you have to talk to your husband and explain the situation. None of them have responded to this thread yet but there are quite a few people on EC that are or have been in your situation so they will, I am sure give you some really great advice of where to go next.