1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A crush on my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aniot, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So there's a lot of threads about this i think. but here it goes my story and my question. I think i like my best friend. He's awesome when we are together. And he is always sending me this signs that he might like me. but sometimes he moves away like he is not. So when we are alone in his house, we are always very close, our heads close like we are going to kiss (sometimes) and he's always teasing me. One time he said "there's love, like and hate, and I don't like you, so or i love you or hate you. And another day at the pub he asked me, joking, if i liked him. i said yes and he said that he liked me too. and after repeated this several times he said, again joking, if i wanted to go to his house and have sex with him. And i said, in the same joking way, that yes i would like. Then we went to his house and i sat on his bed and we started watching funny movies. Then he stopped and gets up, lays me on his bed, sat on top of me and said lets do it (and again joking =S). But he never went further (probably because i was afraid and i don't let him). But now he is always getting a little bit distant, and i don't know what to do. He doesn't know that i'm questioning about my sexuality, and i don't know if he's gay/bissexual. Now I don't know what to do to find out if he likes me or not. I don't know if i should say that i like him because i'm afraid of his reaction.

2. TheGreyMan

Um, he's your friend, so he clearly doesn't hate you. So I guess that means he loves you.
    Whether it's platonic or romantic is up to you to find out.

Even though it was a joking manner, he said a lot. I would think it would be worth it enough to ask him.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a lot of hints. And, as has been said, since he's your friend and you know he likes you at least that much, I would ask him if there's something behind the comments he's making - like, does he really mean it and such? You could even tell him you're questioning your own sexuality and that he should realize that you're taking these things at least semi-seriously.

In any case, I think it would be appropriate (and safe) to breech the subject in some way. He's not just teasing, he's beginning to act (bringing you over, laying you down, etc.), so - although I don't know him of course - I would be surprised if it's just teasing. Doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% gay - he could be questioning as well - but it probably means something, in my opinion.

4. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hum you are probably right. I'll try to talk to him and lets see what i've got. =) Thank you :wink:

5. pastol

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Next time you guys are watching TV, ask him, seriously, quietly, and modestly, if you can touch his ear. He'll say "Why?" and you'll say "Because I want to touch it." If he says yes, use one or two fingers and gently caress it for a short time keeping your eyes locked on his regardless of where his gaze goes. Don't smile. Just study his eyes. If he remains silent, ask if you can touch his lips and see what he says. Those are short, non-aggressive contacts. If silence ensues, take his hand and slowly, gently cover your face with his palm pressed to your face for a very short moment. Then, you slowly pull the hand away from your face as you slip it into your own, as if you were walking hand in hand. Lower your joined hands to he bed and wait for his reaction. Lean in close to him too. If you have gotten this far without being shutdown, now is the time to smile. NOT LAUGH, just a sweet smile.

No harm, no foul, and you should have your answer. If all goes well, you can try putting your head on his shoulder and caressing his torso. See where that takes you.

Don't grow old wondering what could have been.

6. Of Mice and Men

I'm definitely seeing some major hinting going on. I think he's probably curious!

7. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He already let me touch his ears so it's a step. Nice :wink:

8. pastol

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup:

9. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In your case ot seems like something may be stirring, maybe not though. Love between best friends, even guys, isn't uncommon. I love my best friend like a brother and I protect him like I would to a brother too. I have no physical or emotional attraction to him whatsoever though.

10. Perrydaplatypus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like if anyone should have hope that Their crush is gay it's you! Haha
    Is he religious or anything? I mean from what I've read he is at the bare minimum bi curious. Then again, just cuz someone is bi curious doesn't mean they are going to act on it :/ what pastol said was great! Haha definitely try that!

11. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know xD I never told him. But yesterday I told him I have to talk with him. I will tell him next week. I hope I don't chicken out...

12. asmith6543

Keep us updated

13. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all that helped me. Unlike all the signs pointed to, he does not like me but a girl friend of us. Well as my friend Wardrobe93 said, there's plenty of fish in the sea so I just have to get over it and move on. It's the best. :slight_smile: Again thank you all :slight_smile:

14. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds to me like the fact that you rejected him whenever he tried to make a move is what caused the distance. Maybe try having him come over and getting close again and tell him that you really do like him - from the way you talk, he's probably either going to accept you or want to fuck you. Good luck!