1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by guitarkid678, Jul 2, 2012.

1. guitarkid678

guitarkid678 Guest

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any family issues about having brothers or sisters with different gender preferences. I have two brothers one straight the other I suspect to be in the closet gay and I'm bisexual. I don't know if my family is dysfunctional or what. I was told by a therapist that I might be the healthiest one in the family. We have had some good times, but I wonder if we fight too much. The one brother thats gay hits me and makes homophobic comments about me. We've been fighting since we were kids and now we're adults and it seems to be getting worse. What can I do?

2. Ianthe

He hits you? Tell him to stop. If he keeps doing it, don't hang around him anymore. You don't have to let someone keep hitting you just because he's your brother.

Why do you think your brother is gay?

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Have you tried talking to your brother, and I also wonder why do you think your brother is gay?

He could be, he may not be, you could see where he stands on matters, don't make it too obvious it's him you're trying to figure out but you could see what his take on LGBT matters are.

4. Sherri

If he hits you and you've let him for this long, you are probably going to need to remove yourself from the situation and let him know that it's completely unacceptable behavior. It sounds as if your family could benefit from group counseling. I can't speak for anybody else, but I know I'm certainly not qualified to really tell you what to do in this situation. It sounds very unhealthy. Whatever else you do, though, don't let your brother think it's okay to hit you and verbally abuse you by making homophobic remarks.

5. Deaf Not Blind

May I ask how old you and your bros are? He needs to stop verbally and physically abusing anybody! Yeah, tell your councilor that too!

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I can't really help since sadly I don't have brothers.

7. guitarkid678

guitarkid678 Guest

I don't know I think he's gay because he's 31 years old and has never had a girlfriend. He doesn't do much except go to the gym the rest of the time he spends in his bedroom on the internet.