1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family or Work. Help Me Out Here

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Romi, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Romi

A week off work....

Should I or shouldn't I?

I already requested for the week off and got it.

Why did I do this? Because my family reunion is in my home state next weekend. I figured after the reunion I could ride back with my dad and brother and then spend the week visiting my other grandparents. [My family is split into three sections. Mom's side, and then my Dad's Mom's side, and Dad's Dad side. The reunion is the last one. So that leaves everyone else, and the ones I'm closest to]

I want to see my sister and be a part of her life as much as I can while she
    s still growing up. I want to see my grandpa who means so much to me because he might not make it much longer... I want to spend time with my ad for the same reason. I want to visit with my brother because he's just as lonely as I am, having no friends really where he lives. I want to see my best friend because I've not seen her but once since graduation. I would love very much to see my senpai; he's been in Japan the past three years. And there's a big part of me that wants to see Rizzy, even though it'll be dumb. But yeah...

I know I need the money. I really do. I can't afford to be taking a week off, but I...I'm so lonely here all the time and I miss my family. I'm used to being away from them, but not out of state away. Not 6-8 months at a time away.

The entire reason I was allowed to stay here with my aunt and uncle for so long is so that I could work to pay off the school. I've not started my payment plans yet, because I wanted to save up some money so that I wouldnt be struggling every month in order to make the payments. They saw my delay as me not intending to pay the school at all. So they sent me to the chiropractor for my health [and while its been good...I had no say in the matter], so now I'm paying that bill every month. I'm also dishing out money every month for one of my loans.

After bills, gas, and food...I don't have much money left. I try to save that money. And yet I'm constantly being lectured about not saving anything. :|

What do you want me to do? Save or pay? I'm trying to do bot, but I'm just one person.

Life's hard. I know. I get it. But I AM trying. Why is that never good enough for anyone?

If I haven't gotten stuff together enough for my aunt and uncle by Christmas then I have to go back home anyway, which as the original plan so I'm not upset about that. But I have a full time job and a manager position on the block. I'm really hoping one of them pulls through. And soon. That would make things so much easier. I mean...I'm only getting minimum wage. Ya know...

I'm 24. I get yelled at for being a child when I should be an adult. And yet I'm simultaneously told that I'm still young and I still have plenty of time but I'm being pushed into adulthood as they say this. It's like...pick or choose, or...better yet...let me do my thing like I'm tying to.

I know I kinda went off in a rant, but I'm just wondering what you guys think is better to do...

Take the week off and visit my family? Or come back and work?

I know what the logical answer is, but I'm still so lost..

I feel like I'm letting people down whatever I decide to do.

And while I shouldn't let it...this is really getting to me.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

go be with your family love <3 its good for your heart and for your mental health

3. Aldrick

First, you shouldn't let this get to you. In the end, these types of issues have a tendency to sort themselves out. How far are you in debt? Paying off a lot of debt (not to mention having additional bills) while making minimum wage is well... it really isn't all that possible, at least not unless you have outside support.

Second, will leaving for a week impact the possibility of you going full time or getting a managers position? If so, simply for sanity reasons I think staying would be more prudent.

If the answer to that question is no, then I say take the week and visit your family. Rejuvenation is important. So long as you use the time in a positive way; it could allow you to gather your emotional strength and find your second wind. It'll give you that little extra oomph you need to push through the tough time you're having.

4. IrishLad93

Explain to your parents.. Im sure they will sympathize, I'm not assuming theyre rich and will give you financial support because they might not be able to but they could help you out here and there as they would know you miss them so much.

As you said, life is hard. At the end of the day if your not evicted from your home or forced to give something vitally important up, take the week off and enjoy yourself!

Enjoy the short time you have with the people you miss, I know how this feels but I think youll be glad with your decision.

:love:

5. Romi

So it's official. I'm taking the week off to visit my family. My grandmother called me today and just hearing her voice....I could have cried I miss her so much. So yeah. I'm going home to see everyone.

Thanks guys, for taking the time to read and answer and whatnot. <3

6. Mercy

Mercy Guest

<3 you bud and im so happy for you