1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My family is hating again...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylegf2011, Sep 16, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today my grandparents came to my house. They´re the ones that told us to watchBrothers and Sisters. They´re kind of more open to some things, and the fact they had recommended this show made me think they weren´t completley against gay people. Well today they were commenting on it and they said it was a great show and that all the characters were great..... except for the fag, who eventhough was a funny guy, they disliked him for being gay :icon_sad:

I sknow I should have seen it coming, but it made me sad to actually know, that inside my family, Im completely alone :icon_sad:

Also I had this nightmare today that really scared me. I dreamt that I told my family I was gay, and the responses were horrible. I know it was just a dream but it seemed very real, and something they would actually do in real life :tears:

I just needed to share this to somebody, just to not feel as alone as Im feeling now. Thx for reading, it really means alot to me.

2. Gen

Gen

Well since there doesnt seem to be much advice to give, I'll give you a hug (*hug*).

I have many homophobic family members, however, I am not close with them so I dont really care. But hearing that from those who are close to you must be quite painful. I'm sorry you have to go through that :frowning2:

3. Retrospect

Hey bud, you're not alone! (*hug*)

Don't let the nightmare scare you. They may surprise you if you ever decide to tell them. :slight_smile:

4. AlmostOut32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know exactly how you feel. My family is the kind of family that sits around and talks about how they hate gay people. It's a very scary thought that they will eventually know. Just stay positive, my immediate family surprised me when I came out so you never know :astonished:

5. Jared

(*hug*)

I know how you feel, my dad and his side of the family love to talk about how much they hate gay people and it hurts. Like others have said they might surprise you if you decide to come out. (*hug*)