1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by emilym3, Oct 27, 2012.

1. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok so in my last post i told you guys i came out to everyone wich went really well alot of people are supportive and some even said im an insperation to them but my brothers saw it and arnt to happy about it but i think my mum is but i really dont want to talk to my brothers about it:icon_sad:

2. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

why don't you want to tell your brothers about it?

3. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh my brothers already know but i dont want to talk to them about it because of the way they are

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

So don't. Is there some Australian Law stating that you need to discuss your sexuality with your brothers?

5. Ducked

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just give it time :slight_smile:. I'm close to my brother, and when I came out to him it was a bit awkward. He's also the jokey-type and made a few laughs at my expense before falling off the radar for a while.

BUT, what I'd recommend is just waiting it out. Answer any questions (that are acceptable) and don't get angry if they're a bit uncomfortable to start with.

If they then can't get over it, then that's their problem. Just talk to them about other things.

They'll come around, because they'll soon remember you're more than just a sexuality or a gender.