1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on my friend, Im not out of the closet

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Zuuki, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Zuuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just this summer, I came to the realization that I was lesbian. Now that I know who I am and accept it, I've begun to be interested in a relationship.
    About a month ago, I almost unconsciously developed romantic feelings for a girl I sit next to in my math and English classes. I've known her for two years since we were assigned seats next to each other in orchestra, but I've never noticed how I felt about her until just now. I don't know her sexuality, but I do know that she's never had a boyfriend and hasn't seemed at all interest in having one when asked about it. So even if I can't be her girlfriend, I would like to come out to her. I haven't told anyone about my orientation yet, so I need help.
    I would like some advice on how and when to tell her that I'm lesbian, without her freaking out. I would also like advice on how to drop subtle hints about I feel for her without going right out and confessing my undying love.
    Note: We're both in 8th grade; possible locations for my telling her would be in the school cafeteria, in the outdoor area of the high school, my house or her house, or while going out for dinner, others?

2. Zuuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing? I could use at least 1 VIEW hereā€¦

3. Robin

I just want to tell you that you're in middle school. From my experience, people in middle school aren't usually mature enough to take someone coming out to them.

With that disclaimer, my opinion would be to become friends with this girl first, and to learn a bit more about her. Of course, if you're already friends:

You have to be able to decide when and where to tell her, because when is dependent upon your feelings, and where is tricky as well. You need a place to talk for a long time, and yet you don't want the person to feel trapped. Dinner close to each of your homes would probably be best, because you two can separate if need be. She might need time to think about things.

That's all I've got. Hope it helps :slight_smile: