1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A crush on a close friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justapony, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Justapony

I am a lesbian and I have a crush on a close friend of mine, whenever I see her my heart skips a beat and I stutter a lot talking to her, although she just thinks thats because I am very socially awkward. I trust her more than any one else, but I have trust issues and I would never find myself able to tell her I am lesbian... but like I said I have a huge crush on her, but I know she is straight cause she has an enormous crush on this genius star athlete/musician who lives next door to her, and that makes me feel really jealous, and upset because I am not very smart... I don't think it would be easy for me to get over her, I have tried, but since I am socially awkward I don't do much or talk to anyone but close friends, and I just wish I knew what I could do about it...

2. NikkiPardus

Sometimes, there isn't much you can do about it. It might be best to start getting to know women in your area who are attracted to other women, it gives you a chance to be really happy and satisfied without the pain and frustrations of crushing on someone who doesn't share those feelings. I don't know your age or anything, but I assume you are in highschool. try to attend an lgbtqqa group that functions through your school or in the area. if there isn't a group already, fight your hardest to start one because you could have the chance to really make a difference in other peoples lives as well as your own :33

3. Justapony

Thats a good idea, I guess I should try that... but I'm a bit shy, that might be hard...

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're 18+ you can try joining dating site. I'm shy too, but I force myself to talk to women, what if I never see them again? I can at least try and fail than never try at all. And I've gotten pretty good at talking to women, I simply give them a compliment then ask them if they are into women. I have piercings, so it's easier to talk to girls who have piercings. We already have a common known interest and then I proceed to talk to her about other things. It's not easy, I know, but it took years of practice :slight_smile:

Perhaps, you should come out to your friend, but I wouldn't tell her about the feelings that you have for her.

#4 pinklov3ly, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012