1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend has crush on me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cemma, Dec 10, 2012.

1. cemma

So my frien came out to me as being bi which obviously I'm not one to judge so I dont care and am fully fine with it.
    The thing is she text me today saying that she intended to tell me yesterday but she froze up- she has had a crush in me for about a year. She is quite a good friend although no someone I go out of my way to hang out with, it's often felt like she sees me as her best friend while I only see her as a friend. It's not that I fin it weird but I don't really know how to feel about the whole thing, when she came out to me I made the mistake of coming out to her- basically I still really struggle with accepting being gay myself and I do wish I never told her.
    I have told her that I still adore her as a friend but I don't return her feelings and it is best we stay as friends.
    I don't know wht I'm asking, more just ranting.
    I just don't know how to handle the whole thing, I find it weird because she's my friend, I only ever think of all bar one of my friends as being just that an the thought of a relationship or anything with them is weird.
    I don't know, maybe has anyone else been in the same situation? Or have any experiences or advice? Idek :bang:

2. dudedette

Damn hommie. You got game. LOL
    I wished my friends would crush on me.

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2012 at 10:22 PM ----------

only my "girl" friends crush on me. the look on their face when I tell'em I'm not interested. -_-

3. cemma

^new fav ec member right here people

4. Zero Zero

I've been in the same situation except I was the girl crushing not the crush. Anyways, I had made sure she knew I was bisexual when I firs meant her cuz I'm weird like that. I always that she was cute and funny and easy to talk to and I was excited when she texted me saying she was bi. So, I had asked her who she liked then she asked he who I liked and she kinda guessed and…yeah. It made things just as weird for me as it did for her. The only thing that made it okay was the fact that she had said she didn't want to risk our friendship so she couldn't go out with me. Now, here's my advise, try talking to her more and hanging out more. That way she can be like "Well, we ain't going out but at least it's the next best thing". That's what me and my friend did. We act just the same as we used to. Until she started going out with some man-whore (a guy who goes with a lot of girls) at our school. Now that, that broke me -_-

(Sorry it's soo long - need anymore advise just ask me or shoot me a PM)

#4 Zero Zero, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. cemma

I understand how that makes sense and I will try do as much to help her etc. I think the biggest thing for me in the whole thing is that a while Back she came to me about how she was self harming etc I would never turn her away so I did everything I could to support her in it but I was in the middle of a fairly difficult patch myself an found it really difficult to help her cope and cope for myself, I feel like that kind of drained our friendship- or at least my half of it. So I do did I lack the motivation to hang out with her.
    Also I want her to be able to get over the crush because of course it's not going anywhere and it's only going to be a burden on her, will me spending more time with her help or hinder that?

6. Zero Zero

I think it would help, but that's just me. It really depends on the person though. I would think it would help because then it's like the next best thing, you know what I'm saying? Because you just don't want to diss her then leave her alone because then she'll probably feel crushed and heart broken. Or, if she's like me, she'll not want to talk about it she you guys could just act like nothing really happened. That's what me and my friend did and after about a few weeks we were back the way we used to be so...just go with how you think you should be with her and try your best to not hurt her. :slight_smile: