1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To tell or not to tell

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aniot, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Tell him or no?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a new paragraph of a long history. So since I got into emptyclosets I post a series of post about a crush that I have in my best friend. I'll try to resume the history in a few lines.

I met my best friend about 1 year and a half. After a few moths we created a great friendship. After some more months I realized that I had a crush on him and a half a year ago I told him that I like guys (still not very sure about the girls) and he was cool with it. Until that day I suspected that he might like guys and maybe like me too, mostly because some things he has done (more information see my other posts) and said to me. Well, after I said him that I liked guys I felt a bit strange around him so I stop talking to him for some time. We talked and everything is ok now. The thing is, I still feel a vibe from him that he still might like me. I came out to him to see if he would come out to me too, or say something. But no. So I really don't know if i should insist more in this. I don't know if I should tell him that I have a crush on him.

I'm afraid that if I tell him the things get awkward between us and I lose my best friend. Sometimes I just want to tell him to know if he feel the same, and he don't to ask him to stop doing some things that he does, that lead me to think otherwise. So my question is: Do I tell him, and talk to him about that, or just don't talk to him and wait until this goes away (which is gonna be hard since we didn't talk for 2 months and this is still going on my chest)?

Sorry guys and girls for bothering you with this again.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nothing ventured nothing gained, if you tell him it may or may not go the way you had planned, if you don't tell him you will never know :slight_smile:

3. Aedos

Aedos Guest

Some people need a nudge if you know what I mean :slight_smile:

4. Phoenixaaa

You've already told him you like guys, so this time around, it won't be much of a surprise to him..

5. fuzzywuzzy

I doubt he'll stop being your friend if you share your feelings with him. In the worst-case scenario he'd feel awkward about it and would need some time to think this through. Best-case scenario - you'll be a happy couple. Go get him, tiger :slight_smile:

6. birdy

I'm in a similar situation. I wrote a letter to my friend and am going to give it to her tomorrow. I tried not to be mushy and didn't ever say love so that it's not too overwhelming. You might try something similar that gives your friend time to think it over on his own. It's absolutely terrifying to do, but I think that I would regret not telling her. This is my first confession ever! Good luck with yours!