1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16 bisexual friend trouble pls give advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lman, Feb 24, 2013.

1. lman

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm going to try to keep this short as possible. I'll just start by saying I'm bi, but I'm only sexually attracted to guys and emotionally attracted to women(I hope that makes sense). Well that was the case until last year when I started to get to know one of my friends better. We will call him Will. We started to get really close and I developed feelings for him that grew stronger. This caught me off guard cause i had never felt this way before. i was confused. I had never and still dont have feelings for another guy besides him. I was questioning why is this happening why him? I had just sort of come to terms with the other part of my sexuality and this happens.

He always does certain things that seemed to hint that he could be bi. I'll spare you some details but they were just things like stare into each others, constantly touching each other, etc. We hung out outside of school, were on the same relay team for track etc. When the summer came we only hung out a few times because of out conflicting schedules, but we talked alot. When school started back we didn't have any classes together. He got a a girlfriend and between her and football we didn't associate much. Anyway we kind of grew apart until football season ended, which Will and his gf had already broken up. I didn't really see the girlfriend thing as anything serious towards my conclusion on his sexuality because I started talking to a girl too but it didn't work out.

Well through out all of this I still had strong feelings for him. Now I can't control them, Im always thinking about him, I dream about him. I'm coming to the point where I need to tell someone how I feel and it needs to be him. I've had some rough times over the past two months about this. Ive cried had a break down, and I tried talking out loud. all things i would never do. Im currently keeping a journal to express my thoughts and control my feelings, but it's not helping much. I have nobody I can talk to about the situation. It's eating at me that he doesn't know how I feel. I never felt this way before and it keeps getting worse. He isn't the best looking guy at school, but he has a emotional control over me. The best way I can try to describe it is by saying I love him or this is the closets I've come to feeling this strongly for anyone. Lately I've been thinking about anonymously telling him how I feel, and just go from there. Would that be a bad idea? Should I just tell home I'm bi or the whole thing? Or should I just not do anything at all? Any advice would be really appreciated.

2. Kyubi

hey there. Well I'm no proffesional on coming out or stuff but I could see how telling him anonymously would make you feel better - I probably would feel better. Tell him but make sure you do it completely anonymously and see if he tells you anything about it or see if theres any change in his behaviour - ask him about it if there is change. Maybe he'll reply....dunno. It's always a difficult thing not knowing. What I did was I asked my close friends what their opinions are on sexuality and I actually found out that one of them is willing to try same sex relationships if it becomes more accepted and one of them is extremely homophobic. So I got a good idea of who to come out to and when and how. Think it through, you may learn some valuable stuff about Will. Good luck buddy.

3. Skhal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there!

To start off, I understand how you feel, whenever you talk to him I Love You is on the edge of your tongue and you just wanna scream it? Well I would recommend talking to him about it. I am not too sure how to tell him secretly, by secretly do you mean just hint at it and hope he picks up on it? If that is what you mean, then just start with coming out (i am assuming you are closeted in this siuation?) and then move on from there. Luckily, you guys seem pretty close so it shouldn't be too difficult to integrate some LGBT topics into your conversations. But before you can even start thinking about any of that you should probably come out to him first.

4. lman

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks guys I really appreciate your advice

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

My opinion... You love him.

Did it come to you like an epiphany and suddenly all yor emotions made sense to you?

I'd say you love him.

Knowing life and how rare love can be I would risk it all and tell him.

Maybe not all at once, that can be scary. Tell him you miss his company. Spend more time with him. Be physical with him. Wait for the right moment and tell him your feelings.

Love can be a rare thing, explore it.

Stuck

6. fuzzywuzzy

I totally feel you. I was in the same boat with you a while ago (I think I am too now, but I'm just surpressing it). Try talking things over with him. The worst-case scenario would be if he turns out straight or doesn't have feelings for you. I highly doubt he would stop being friends with you. You can figure out the best case scenario yourself :slight_smile: I had a simmilar experience that forced me to come out to my best friend. Things turned out that he's straighter than an arrow but all that even brought us closer. I love him. I really do, but all I can do is be his friend and try to move on.

Good luck! (*hug*)

7. Perrydaplatypus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, I've never heard the anonymous idea! It actually sounds pretty good! I would do that and then see of he tells you about it, or how he reacts. Then if it goes well then is the time to try the waters (tell him you're bi) I personally would refrain from telling him about how you feel until you know how he will react! It's one thing to a straight person to know their friend is gay, it's a whole new thing however for them to know their friend is gay for them....

8. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

LOL, it doesn't make sense. Bi means sexual attraction towards both men and women, regardless of emotions. Sounds more appropriate to say the dreaded "G" word. I know, because I was in your shoes once. Denial is a powerful thing. Just letting you know that so you don't experience a rude awakening in the future. It's not pretty.

On to the issue with your friend. You would be taking a risk and need to decide if it's really worth it. The risk could be you losing a friendship. Sometimes we misinterpret things. We have feelings for someone and are so blinded that we can misinterpret their intentions. You need to be cautious. Give it more time.

9. ebilone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well what can I say? I feel EXACTLY the same way you do. Even with the whole "sexually attracted to guys and emotionally attracted to women", but I did figure out that I'm just gay because I'm not sexually attracted to girl at all. The famous "I love you" is always on the edge of my tongue waiting to come out every time I'm with him. I don't know about the anonymous stuff though... it does sound pretty good, but still. If you're as close to your friend as I am to mine he will figure out right away that it was you. At least my friend and I have that bond... he always knows what I'm thinking except how I feel about him. My advice would be to try to move on... the same advice everyone gave to me. I know it's hard :frowning2: I've been on the edge of crying myself. It's something we will have to do whether we like or not.