1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when things dont add up........

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by afraidtomove, Feb 25, 2013.

1. afraidtomove

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So my crush (best friend) informs me that she is not interested "that" way...........yet, she does strange stuff like get mad at me for not texting her or getting very defensive about things that shouldnt be a big deal.

For someone who should have regular friend feelings sure is making a big deal out of some small things.

Just venting :bang:

a little piece of me thinks that the signals she's been thowing off to me are there and perhaps she is in denial

2. RainbowMan

Perhaps, but you mention that you're "straight but curious" which to me means you're not ready for the next level in a same-sex relationship yet either.

Or am I reading that totally wrong? I do think that she might be interested in you since she complains about the small stuff like not returning texts and stuff.

3. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this same problem with my new friend... it's been ongoing for about 3 months now. Super confusing.

4. afraidtomove

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i would be ready with her - i like her a lot........but she has my head spinning......she knows i am interested, yet still acts the way she has before i told her i was. I thought she'd back away a bit or not be so attentive or seek as much attention, but she has remained the same. I guess i would like that she doesnt change because that would hurt me, but this confuses me. Basically today, I was late for work and she was mad that I didnt text her before she reached out to me. silly stuff........we are in our 40's shouldnt be

5. Rivers

I've had feelings for a friend and, let me tell you, it was painful. I thought that she was the one. It never worked out.

I thought she was too touchy feely, but she said I had a knack for pushing her buttons. And she always sent me mixed signals.

6. mojoe

This is a tough one. I'm dealing with something very similar at the moment. My friend(and crush) does something very similar. He hasn't said he's straight but knows I have feelings for him. It's sort of the same with his getting upset if I don't respond. He also calls me literally every day. He calls me when he's driving to work and right after work. It's driving me absolutely mad because, to me, these are some serious signs of interest. He won't even let me bring up the fact that I have feelings for him. talk about confusing.

I guess what I've concluded is that he really does reciprocate my feelings but is still working through denial. I've been struggling with fighting my urges to touch him or hold him, and plan to just let him figure it out. I figure if I'm patient enough, some good will come from it.

7. afraidtomove

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes - being patient is my plan - but like you said it is madening.........and todays line of texting was she was questioning vertually everything i did or said - what, why, when, etc.......i mean if she didnt care, she wouldnt be asking all those questions instead of having a normal conversation. i dont get it. i cant imagine straight relationships are this complicated.