1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding more friends.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LauraLove, Feb 26, 2013.

1. LauraLove

LauraLove Guest

I recently broke up with my boyfriend(yesterday actually) but i think i want to start trying to meet friends and people more like me (aka bisexual or gay). Ive signed up to go to the Iowa Pride Conference so I'm hopeing to make friends with people there. Im very nurvious because this would be the first time i would be around people that understand what im going though or have been though it themselves. I plan to go alone so that i can really truly be myself.
    What do you think would be a good way to meet other LGBT's of the community? My state doesn't have a center anymore and my school doesn't have a GSA. Ive tried contacted some of the college groups but id have to be 18 or older and im not :frowning2:. Any help on where to go after the conference?

2. Labyrinth

I would look online for a meetup group in your area! At least you have sites like these! :slight_smile: