1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who's had a situation like this before?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MerBear, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so today in 4th block. We were talking about babies and who we like and my friend Bianca looked at me and said

"what type of a guy do you like?" and i was like "I don't care"

and then they were "nothing? you don't prefer guys with blue eyes and brown hair?"

and inside...im like "well , i prefer Hispanic girls....with a slim body but a brunette would be nice as well as long as she has a good personality"

but on the outside , i just gave this awkward "eh , nah. i don't care"

then they proceeded to say "i can see you with a guy that has blue eyes"

and im like "sure" *awkward smile*

i haven't told them , I like girls but i mean , i thought it'd be obvious to them since i gave them some BIG hints but they might just know and just ignoring it

so who else has experienced this?

2. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh yes, I have that ALL the time. People keep asking me why I don't have a girlfriend and I just sit there and say things like "Every girl in this school is a b*tch." I recently thought of an excuse to use. "Since I'm broke and don't want to spend money, 've decided I'm going to wait until I graduate" Pretty good huh? But seriously, people keep jokingly asking girls I know if they'd date me, they always say know which stings a tad, but since I'm gay it doesn't really matter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My tip, if you get asked again, just say you've never really thought of it.

3. MerBear

thank you :slight_smile:

4. Rivers

Some people are so oblivious to all the hints I give, it's ridiculous. That's why whenever someone asks me about guys, I tell them outright that I like girls. If you're still in the closet, just laugh and shrug.

5. MerBear

i've done that before actually. i dont know why i didn't do it this time.

6. redstormrising

the last time someone asked me what kind of guys i like, i responded with "i don't :wink:"

7. MerBear

im trying to say that but im too scared :frowning2:

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yeah. I've been there. It's just one of those sad facts of our lives lol

9. MerBear

indeed it is :frowning2:

10. 4ever Hearth

This reminds me of a moment me and my mother shared not too long ago. I came downstairs and she was flipping through old photos and other things(Certificates and Awards that extended between me and my older sisters). When I walked into the room, we initially started a convo about the pics and we were laughing and joking. Then she started telling me about her father and two brothers(whom all passed before I met them). Just as I started to feel comfortable, like when I would speak to her when I was younger. Suddenly, like a terrible plot twist, she looks up to me and goes "When are you going to give me a Daughter-in-Law?" Keep in mind, I never told my mother I was Bi. I told her I was Gay a year and some months ago in hopes that she would become accustomed to the idea that there was a strong chance her son would end up with a man. Apparently, hope is hard to kill. When it happened, part of me wanted to beat myself upside the head with the photo album and another part of me found it hilarious in the worse way. Unfortunately, some people will see and hear what they want. So don't :bang: up over it :thumbsup:

11. UndercoverGypsy

Lol, I get "she's hot, right?" comments all the time from friends and at this point I'm just making sure I don't flat out lie, so I end up just saying "Sure, why not?" or "Hah, please" if I'm talking to a How I Met Your Mother fan. Sad thing is that I have ONE friend who thinks I'm gay. Starting to think all my friends have some kind of disability because the signals are relatively strong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Moral of the story: Straight guys don't pick up on this shit.

12. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol. :slight_smile: Oh how I wish I was that brave!

13. Naomilly92

Yes! So many times, I still get it now, while I'm out. It's extremely awkward if you're not and you're being pestered about who you like from the other sex, I try and walk away from these conversations, instead of having to lie, because I'm not very convincing, lol

14. LoveMusicPoetry

My friend at college is always messing about, pretending to match people up. It's just a bit of fun, but yesterday she told the librarian that I fancied him...that was rather embarrassing. She does know who I do genuinely like though, and yesterday she managed a bit of covert questioning to find out if this girl has any interest in other girls. I knoow she doesn't but you have to make sure of these things dong't you. Anyway, she doesn't, so my heart is broken now :tears:

Also, last week we were in a seminar and the tutor does this thing where she goes around the room at the start and asks us all to say something about our week. last week it was 'describe, in two words, our reading week'. Another classmate, a gay guy said 'drunk and sticky', which got a laugh, and I said something like, 'traumatic, confusing and stressful'. She asked if I would prefer drunk and sticky, to which I answered 'yes'. Then she tried to get me off with the gay guy. Bit of a none-starter there, we kind of come from completely opposite poles lol.

15. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've told all of my friends, and there is one of my girl friends that she was like, obsessed with a boy from a tv show and she was like "look at him, he is so hot, so cute." and I was like "yeah... he is okay", and then she asked me and another friend "aren't you in love with him?" and I was like "haha... no".

And another friend of mine, who is also a girl, was like telling me about dating a guy, or someething like that, I don't remember, and I was like "please, NO... NO MEN for me, thank youuuuu" haha it's pretty hard sometimes, I guess it's because they were used to you lying even to yourself, so... YEAH. It's understandable.

16. imDia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah I have been in similar situations but most of the time i find something that will make the situation better. I am not lying but i don't really tell the truth ( I like girls).

What I do a lot of times is that i talk about what i like in a girl but don't mention that i actually mean girls so i sort of let them think what they want and for that matter it's that i am talking about a 'boy'.

e.g. "I like hispanic people". "I love blue eyes". "I like dark hair". "I love..."

At first it was awkward for me but i got used to say things like "the person i like" or things without s/he.
    But I got used to it :slight_smile: and sometimes i have to laugh at it xD

17. Colours

I've had situations like those countless times. Still get them. My straight friends will be like oh yeah I met this new girl and show a picture. They'll be like 'You'd hit that, wouldn't you?' and I'll be like 'Yeah, I would' thinking: If I were straight, that is. But the more you do not take your chance to come out at moments like these, the harder it gets.

18. Perrydaplatypus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Haha happens all the time! The worst part is I'm gay, but I still have a girl friend....... An people are always like, you hitting that? And the excuse I have found works is to say, nah bro I'm Christian... Haha or if you're not religious I guess this wouldn't help you tho, you could just insult the person (guy or girl) idk like say the guy is ugly or the girl is prude!

19. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good lord...just happened today. I responded with "_____ is just so not my type...moving on!" :slight_smile:

20. MerBear

hahaha. yeah....i wish i could say it....but i cant because im a wimp