1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Girlfriend... And Her Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowWolfie, Feb 27, 2013.

1. RainbowWolfie

I have never agreed with Open Relationships. (No offense to those who do.)
    But.... When I met my girlfriend... I was willing to make an exception, and I asked her out.
    She rarely talks about her boyfriend, so it's like he isn't even in the equation.
    However she has told me, before we started dating, that if she got into an Open Relationship, she would chose her boyfriend over the girl.
    Because of this, I feel like I'm walking on a knife's edge. I love this girl, but what if her boyfriend wants her to drop me? She would do it. My happiness feels like it's hanging from a rope that's about to break.
    If she breaks up with me, I will shatter.
    She seems to be getting more distant, when I cuddle, and I always have to cuddle her first it seems, she seems not really into it at times.
    She has more fun with her friends then me, and she tells them when she's sad, and not me.
    All our conversations are short and even though I try to keep them going, it seems to fall on deaf ears.
    I always try to show her how much she means to me, because I love her, but... Is she dating me out of pity? An: 'I don't want to hurt her feelings, and I have my boyfriend anyway,' relationship?
    What should I do?

:icon_sad:

2. Ianthe

You are never going to be happy in this relationship. So, I'm sorry, but you should get out of it.

3. I'm sort of agreeing with Ianthe on this one.

You don't like open relationships, but you are in one and it's not making you happier.
    You said that your girlfriend said she would pick him over you and you feel like she's getting more and more distant from you.
    If you can't bear the terms your relationship started on and you wish that you could have more, but she won't give it to you, it's going to be a constant struggle and not a healthy relationship for you.

Find someone who can really give you what you want. It's better to be single and do things that you like to do and be with friends than it is to be unhappy in a relationship that's not going to change.

4. RainbowWolfie

I just.... Really like her though.... How can I break up with her?
    :frowning2:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell her that you can no longer be in an open relationship. You gave it a shot and it's okay if things aren't working out. Tell her that you'd like to take a step back and that hopefully, you can be friends in the future. In order to move on, you're going to need space and time. I hope everything works out for you. I know that open relationships are not for everyone. I'm open minded to the idea, but everyone I've dated were not. So, my search continues; it's either that or I'll just remain single for a while. Let me know how things workout (*hug*)