1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relentless Arguing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Naren, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Naren

Hey, I could use some help. I have a lot of arguments with my parents. Like every day, over absolutely silly subjects. They usually culminate with me in my room in tears. I don't know what to do, I've tried staying silent or leaving the room and they just follow me and keep at me til I retaliate. I'm pretty sick of it, any advice? :bang:

2. Teens can often find that their relationship with their parents can be strained a little. They are your parents though, and it's important to remember that they love you. It seems unfair for them to not give you any free time, though; they shouldn't follow you. You might wish to speak to them about it, or if you must talk to someone, you should talk to a professional in person and tell them everything that happens so they can make an informed decision about what to do.

Most likely, it's just a situation of putting up with it, avoid getting into fights, and just ending up having to sorry when you don't mean it. Such is the hard life of a teenager.

3. What sort of arguments do you have?
    It's fine if you don't want to say exactly what they are about but it would help.

Have you apologised at some point and if you did, why?

Did they try and blame you for the cause of the argument?

Have you told them how those arguments make you feel?

4. Naren

My dad blames me for most of everything.
    Forgot to mention, we did family therapy for almost 3 years. Did nothing except sink some money.
    They're about trivial things, like me not cleaning my room fast enough. Not me not doing it, I do it, but there are like deadlines they don't tell me about and my dad fires up if I do the slightest thing wrong.
    I apologize all the time, but that does nothing, except occasionally lift a punishment.

5. If talking things through doesn't work is there something your dad would pay attention more to?
    Nothing dangerous or risky but something to just get him to consider you point of view.

6. Naren

I bet he'd shut up and listen if I told him I was trans... Though I'd rather not pull that card.