1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness and finding a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Willow, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Willow

So I just started high school this year and I lost some of my friends. They either moved away or moved on to bigger and more important things than me. I've been steadily feeling more and more lonely and adding this on to my recent confusion and crush it's been very difficult lately.

I like this girl in my PE class. She's nice, shy, pretty, and just all around awesome. The problem is that I'm pretty sure she's straight. I want to be with someone and I want it to be her but I just....I don't know....

I've talked with some of my remaining friends to get help with finding a girlfriend but none of them really know how to help. The whole relationship thing is new to me so I'm just clueless. Plus, I'm not exactly ready to announce to everyone at school that I'm not exactly straight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. LoveMusicPoetry

School is a difficult one, kids can be evil little bastards when it somes to people who are different, trust me, I know. The thing about finding love though, is if you go out looking for it, you'll never find it. It tends to just come out of the blue one day when you're thinking about other things.

Regarding your crush, that's a hard one. When it's an older person, you can normally find out by a bit of strategic questioning. With a younger person this is more tricky. Young girls are corralled into heterosexuality untill they find out they aren't straight. I don't know how old you are, but seriously, the only two things I could suggest are to 1, become a closer friend to her, keep your whits about you and look for signs as to which way she leans. Or 2, and this is the irresponsible way, and you may not be old enough, but...alcohol. Not get her absolutely wasted so she can't walk in a straight line, but just enough to lower her inhibitions, then have a crack at her.

I am going to put a massive disclaimer on the second suggestion though. Although I know people do drink while they are under age, I certainly did. I'm not indorcing under age drinking.

3. Renge

Eh.. at least you have friends to talk to..
    anyways, I don't know how though sorry but Good luck! :slight_smile: