1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Advise?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cecil, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Cecil

Well I decided to start a thread for people to just post their tips and advice on what makes a successful relationship or just advice in general.

I havn't had but two relationships so all I have to say is this: be honest! If you feel like things arn't going to work out in the end then say something. Don't just string a person along because your afraid to hurt their feelings. Your hurting them more by lying about how you feel.

2. June Cleaver

Great topic! Well to have a great relationship with a guy (in my case)
    1st You must choose him carefully and be sure he is into you.
    2nd Give him space and lots of it. Let him have boys time, dont nag him if he works a lot, dont ask him who was just on the phone, dont get mad if he is a little late and demand why. dont call him for no reason 10 times a day. dont want to know what he does when not with you. Dont micro manage his life. Dont cling and touch him constantly, etc.
    3rd Never give a ultimadum, or make him choose between you and whatever.
    4th Never deny him sex.
    5th Always keep home or your home clean and inviting for him. Keep beer, snacks, comfy chair, etc.
    6th Always try to fit in with his family and friends, never try to devide them.
    7th Never talk about him behind his back.
    8th Always feed him on time.
    9th Always listen and respond in a positive way.
    These are some of the things I do. June

3. FemCasanova

Yeah, giving each other space and time is really important. When two become one, chances are it`s going the unhealthy way towards co-dependency and frustration. Not to mention one can easily feel choked!

Also, reading up on how to do constructive communication and healthy arguing is good as well, although not always so easy to follow. But we can solve so much by communicating in a constructive way, and avoid small problems becoming big problems.

Accept that some things will have to be compromised on, and that emotion has to be put before pride is something I have had to work on.

And keep the romance alive! God knows how many relationships could be saved, if people remembered to let the other person know he/she is special, beautiful and wonderful. If people knew to cherish each other a little. Spending some quality time, talking, caring about how the other person feels helps so much. Expressing how you feel is important, even when the dating excitement is over. Making the other person feel good about themselves is important too. Giving compliments, casual touching as well as erotic touching!

Not let yourself slip just because you have a GF/BF/partner/husband/wife. Take care of how you look, brush the hair, try to stay somewhat in the same state you were, though of course, we can`t fight age. But at least you can age together, and even as you grow older you can work out, exercise, stay healthy. Not always just walk around the house in a tired old night-gown or pajamas. It doesn`t make you feel sexy, and how we feel affect a lot how the other person sees us. A few pound too much doesn`t make you un-sexy, but covering up in bulky old clothes doesn`t make you feel better.

Keep the humor alive. Partners who laugh together, stays together. Making each other smile does wonders for the relationship.

Just some of my thoughts. Never take each other for granted!
    It kills relationships.

:slight_smile: