1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I help my boyfriend? He had an emotional breakdown today in school

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Mar 4, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We're long distance and he's all the way in England, I want to know just how I can help him from all the way over here.
    He had an emotional breakdown today in Physics and got dragged to a psychologist.
    He never told me all of this before but since he came out he lost a lot of friends, and gained some fake ones who just wanted a gay friend and they left too, the psychologist told him his breakdown happened because of lack of physical contact, he told me that I'm pretty much the only person he talks to. And I know this can't be good for him.
    Here's what I already recommended:
    I said that if he wanted to talk to me less so he could go out and make some friends but he said he doesn't make friends easily.
    I said he could join some after school clubs and make friends that way but from what he says there's not much his school offers. I said he could join the student council if there was one but apparently there isn't much of one.
    I am willing to do anything possible to help him, but I'm not sure what I can do for him since I'm half way across the world away from him. Hell, if I have to, I'm willing to take a break so he can meet somebody over there with him and have a positive relationship besides just with me through a computer, I don't want to but his mental health matters more.
    Please help me, or I guess, it's more like please help him.

2. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like you are already being supportive! You already know that what you can do is limited b/c of your distance. Support his being in therapy, as I suspect you already do. Be sure he knows that talking to a therapist is a good thing. Don't distance yourself from him, he needs you now more than ever! Continue being there for him....sorry that I can't be more helpful....know that you are supported in supporting your bf. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)