1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over two year crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChromeNerd, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've liked this girl since I was fourteen. I was still coming to terms with liking girls back then. She just seemed so perfect and attractive. Whenever she came to class I felt alive and I felt disappointed when she didn't come. I always sat besides her and chatted with her. She turned out to be a lesbian. I decided to hang out with her and her friends during break. When she was with her friends she was totally different. She acted like a totally different person. I thought that her friends were boring. That turned me off a bit. To make matters worse I found out she liked another girl. After that I thought I got over her. I was wrong. Whenever I chatted with her alone or saw her walking down the street I started to like her again. After a week or two I would stop thinking about her. This still happens to me today. I don't even go to the same school anymore. Whenever I see her posts on Facebook or see her in real life the cycle continues. I sometimes get shallow crushes on other people. I kind of want to get over this crush, but at the same time I don't because I just feel so happy whenever I think about her.

2. FemCasanova

Does she know that you like girls as well? If she does, is she interested? Could she be?

If the reply is yes, then no, then yeah, I think you should make an effort in following that part of you that wants to get over this crush, or else you are just paining yourself in the long run. At the same type, it`s normal to crush like crazy at times, and it`s not an easy thing to switch on or off. If you don`t have any other prospects to turn your focus to, I get that it`s hard to just let go of it. But at the same time, what if your focus on this girl that you cannot have, makes you unable to see other possibilities right under your nose? Or a fence away? You could miss out on something great!

If she doesn`t know, letting her know would make it possible that the two of you could find some common ground and interests, and therefore have an excuse to spend more time together, maybe she could fall for you?

Just thoughts here *hug!*

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    She does know I like girls, but I don't think she knows I like her. She has a girlfriend right now, I doubt she'll fall for me. It would be kind of weird to hang out with her because I don't go to her school anymore.

#3 ChromeNerd, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013