1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One-sided friendships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by damsel, Mar 5, 2013.

1. damsel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems that in most, if not all, of my friendships, I end up doing all of the work. If I want a conversation, I have to start it. If I wanted to hang out, I had to initiate it. It feels like the friends I have don't really care about me. If they did, they would act like they care, right? I don't know what to do. With the friendships I currently have, I feel forgotten and unwanted. I have sort of given up, too-I am angry at these friends, so I don't talk to them, and then I feel alone, which doesn't help anything. At the moment, I don't have many friends (I can count them on one hand...:icon_sad:slight_smile:, so this is a bit problematic. I'm also afraid that future friendships (or relationships in general) will end up this way, too, especially since I don't know why this happens. :bang:

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2013 at 12:13 AM ----------

Ah, darn. Apparently I can't read. Maybe a mod can move this to the "Family, Friends, and Relationships" section? :eusa_doh:

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One-sided friendships SUCK! I've had enough of them to know!

I'd say talk to them about it, but if it really is one-sided you know how they'll take it. Maybe try to expand your horizons and make some new friends until you find a good one. :slight_smile:

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They really do suck! My so called "friend" who I used to babysit for completely dismissed me. For whatever reason IDGAF anymore. We were only friends when it was convenient for her. I'm kinda hurt, but hey...there's nothing I can do. I'm glad that I know what type of friend she was or lack thereof. If anything, I'd leave them alone and try to make new friends.

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah i know the kind... my ex had them sort of friends ... and they would use her big time... they'd only invite her if they're broke or they need some one to get them a hook up. she'd have to iniate everything for those losers... dont bother talking to them about it coz they just going to act dumb or come up with stupid excuses

i sorted those friends out for her and now she's got a good circle of girls who she enjoys and hasnt complained about once...

5. BiWidow

I just got out of a romantic relationship like this. He would only think of his own needs and wants and didn't care about mine. I finally realised that he was never going to change and ended the relationship. I didn't need a relationship that wasn't benifitial to me and only to him.

6. stephenstills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've also had my share of one-sided friendships in the past, I know the feel. A few years back, I decided I was only going to be friends with people who either encourage me to become a better person or make me laugh (or preferably both!). Personally, it's when I stopped trying to make friends and started focusing on doing things I like because I like them (for example, learning languages) that I have met some of my best friends. I wish you luck!

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One sided friendships do suck :icon_sad: they are the takers in life, take, take, take, never giving back, I was lucky to find a friend who was a giver like me, 2 givers in a equal friendship, would give each other there last penny, trust each other with their deepest secrets :slight_smile: but sadly these type of friends are rare, Steadfast Loyal & True, rant over Lol

8. this ^

9. Poetic Star

Poetic Star Guest

I feel the same way. I don't know how to comfort you except to let you know that I understand completely. But with me, I figure I'm better off alone than trying to please someone who doesn't give a damn. of course, that means I'm alone all the time, but at least I don't feel humiliated.