1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some flirting tips please! :)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PM92, Mar 5, 2013.

1. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm just out.
    An I'm looking for some tips on flirting before I try to flirt with people in person. Even when I was in the closet I was hopeless at it! Like a few of the girls used to practice their flirting on me and I would make it awkward by saying/doing something. So any advice? Nothing too spectacular, just some subtle easy things to start off with :bang:

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definately laugh and smile at whatever your potential says! Keep alot of eye contact and just act natural! :wink:

3. FemCasanova

Hm ... I must admit I am a lot better at flirting with women than men, but there are a few universal rules, so I`ll just share some of that, and then hopefully you`ll get some more gender directed flirting tips from some of the menfolk here :grin:

Rule one, try to be confident. It sounds hard, but when it comes down to it, it`s simply about just knowing who you are, and what you have to offer another person. If you are accepting and happy about who you are, and what direction you are heading in life, it shows. Confidence can be raised by exercising (we feel better after a work out) and writing a pos. list over everything about you that is positive, and what you have to give someone.

Rule two. When confidence is not enough, and you get nervous to the point where your mouth could start blabbering, focus on the other person, not just your own emotions. Ignore your emotion and study the person in front of you. Who is this guy and what is he into? Focus on him will also be noticed, and be flattering. It also helps those red light blinking in your mind going "Oh shit, I don`t know what to say". Ask the person about his interests, hobbies, and follow up with more questions about it if it seems he is enthusiastic about it. Most people enjoy talking about themselves, and if you seem generally interested in what he is all about, that`s flattering as well. Throw in a compliment, if it is genuine. My normal line wouldn`t work on a guy, but asking him where he works out, then say that must be a good place, or if the answer is that he doesn`t, saying he looks like it, is supposed to be a great ego-stroker, lol. Truth is, most people are nervous at some level, which is why compliments and ego-strokers work so damned well when flirting.

Rule 3. That other person, is NOT Superman. Often when there`s a person we`re attracted to, we tend to shrink in our own eyes, and get all "This person is so much more attractive than me", or "there`s no way someone this intelligent and awesome is going to like me". Often it doesn`t fit at all. Sure, if you aim for the work out God at the back of the gym, then unless you are pretty damned fit yourself, you might be aiming for something a little too hard to conquer :wink: Most of the time, the other person is just another person, with the same insecurities and fears you have. So there`s no reason to shake in the knees, unless you simply find him that hot :grin:

Rule 4. Smile. Eye-contact. You have different ways to show interest with eye-contact, depending on what you feel comfortable with and what works for you. You can do the caramel glide, where you let your eyes wander the room, then get the eye-contact, and then start moving your head, like if you have to drag your eyes away from the guy. Adding a smile to that one can be very effective and telling. Or you can simply hold the eyecontact a little longer than normal (probably depends on culture in the country you live in, but here in Norway standard eyecontact is about 2 sec. so, you keep it for 3-4, you`ll already have made a point). Again, adding a small smile is very telling.

Rule 5. Casual touching. Hands, wrists, shoulders, neck, upper back (lower back if you are feeling brave, lol). Touching conveys interest if repeated and if done with a smile and eye-contact. Too much, and it can be a bit over-whelming, so adjust after what you feel comfortable with. Always try to keep it within your comfort zone, as discomfort or awkwardness can also be felt. Like simply placing your hand on his arm for a few seconds, and smiling while you talk about something else. It will be subtle, but he will guaranteed notice.

6. Casually touching yourself is also one of the big tricks. It will draw his attention to whatever area you are touching (no groping yourself, that`s just weird, rofl). Like rubbing your upper arm, or chest. Stretching also works. Try to do it with an area you are comfortable with, if you are confident about your shoulders, those are a good area to try and get his attention to.

7. Be yourself. Don`t fake anything. Use your sense of humor wisely. People like happy humorous people. A little goofy can be nice, it depends on the person you are flirting with, so getting to know him a little first can be nice. But in most cases, some dry humor is a total hit. Dry humor and flashing smiles is sexy. Juvenile humor most of the time isn`t, and you should stay away from the topics of politics, religion and the state of the world for at least a few dates, because that is a mine zone!

Good luck :wink:

4. MatthewJS

Compliment on hair eyes clothes or say you're funny when he says something funny.