1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he interested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by eps14, Mar 5, 2013.

1. eps14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First off, sorry if this seems rushed, rambly, low on detail, etc...
    Alright, There is this other guy at school, whom I am good friends with. I am highly attracted to him, and he is really cute, he tells people he is straight... but, he has been showing some signs he may be interested in a relationship with me, he will frequently find excuses to touch me in some way, like patting me on the back , sometimes playing with my hair, etc. I've also noticed he would sometimes play with his hair when I'm around... I have recently been sending him similar signals, finding excuses to touch him, not moving away when he touches me... I just hope I am not falling for someone who isn't gay...

2. Ianthe

Have you come out to him?

3. eps14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No I haven't, I am afraid if I come out to him, and he isn't gay, it will hurt our freindship

4. Ianthe

Well, the next step would be to come out to him. It's impossible to read his mind, so the only way to figure out if he is gay is if he tells you, which is much more likely to happen if you are out to him.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible for you to date a guy who doesn't know you like guys.

Do you have any reason to think he is homophobic and wouldn't want to be your friend any more because you are gay?

5. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest, he is not likely to be gay. My old crush used to do the exact same thing( I sat in front of him and he touched my back on purpose everyday. This drove me crazy in a good way:slight_smile: I even asked him to stop, but he would do the same next day) however, he turned out to be god-damn as straight as a linear function;( be careful!