1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh ugh. My whole family is homophobic!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lilrocker, Mar 6, 2013.

1. lilrocker

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm lesbian, but I don't know how to tell my family when the time comes. They're literally ALL homophobic! They've told me their views because once I had to interview them on their opinion on homosexual rights and they all strongly disapprove of homosexuals! What should I do?? I feel hopeless.. :dry: :help:

2. DevilOfArt

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think there is anything you can do at this state, but try to show them the innocence + normality of homosexuality. Ease them into the idea and just wait till you're old enough to fend for yourself to come out.
    That's all I got. Sorry.

3. Silverbells000

That must be hard, yes just ease them into it and wait until you're on your own. Maybe once they know you are a lesbian they will rethink their views (unlikely but you never know).

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to my world :slight_smile: all my family are homophobic but on different levels, from slightly homophobic to really homophobic, I have a battle on my hands :lol: