1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one hell of a week

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Poetic Star, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Poetic Star

Poetic Star Guest

well, this has been one hell of a week. On Sunday I was at my lowest. I was so close to attempting suicide again. the only thing that stopped me was the thought of my dad being hurt. someone left an offensive note on my car and that sent my depression spiraling even more. I did tell the apartment people about it but still.. It'll probably happen again, given my luck. I decided to tell that girl I've been texting why she made me uncomfortable and she said that she grew up around a lot of racist people and that's why she uses the N word and other kinds of language that I find offensive. I told her, though, that though I understand when you're a kid, you're naive and want to fit in under peer pressure, I think that when you're an adult you can control what you say and do. I also told her that I'm not going to pretend like I'm okay with her talking like that around me if we do meet. It's honestly humiliating that the closest I can get to a lesbian relationship is a racist immature girl who doesn't even understand why I'd be upset in the first place lol. ugh am I pathetic or what? meanwhile, that sweet guy from the other LGBT site understands exactly what I'm feeling and seems to read my mind so...yeah double humiliation, given that I can't be with him. and to top it all off, I got a cold 2 days ago and my stupid body decided that it wouldn't get better, no how much medicine I give it.

2. FunnyMonkey

Sounds like you did have a bad few day (*hug*) Sorry that someone left an offensive note on your car that's really nice and you should tell the apt people or the police about it so you don't have to deal with that kind of thing.

I think you need to be honest with her and let her know whats upsetting you even if you have to spell it out to her so she understands it. I hope you fell better (*hug*)(*hug*)

3. julia

Ouch, what a week. I'm so sorry there are people who are still racist in today's society, it's absolutely sickening. Good for you for sticking up for yourself and letting her know exactly how you feel about her messages, though.
    I hope the weekend serves you much better than this week has. (*hug*)

4. Poetic Star

Poetic Star Guest

thanks, Julia :slight_smile: