1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallen for my straight friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TopherBoss, Mar 8, 2013.

1. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So not really asking for advice I guess but just to vent lol. I came out a year ago lost some friends and gained even better ones. And since I came out my friend and I came pretty close and of course I fall for the poor guy. Now it's like I have to tiptoe around certain situations and always be aware of how I look at him and what I say just a Lil annoying I guess.

2. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If it makes you feel any better I'm going through this exact situation now. And you're handling it a lot better than me, I get really pissed whenever I'm around him for some reason.

3. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was were your at before, I have a tendency to push others away but he still stuck with me. It just makes it hard in other situations like when he hangs out and we're just laying in bed being so close to him it's like I got to fight the urge not to gab him lol is that odd?

4. TheAMan

Yeah it sucks having straight crushes because you know you have no chance with them yet you like them anyway. For me, I keep getting crushes on straight guys and I don't know why.

5. Story of my life. :frowning2:

6. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It blows not the first crush on a straight guy but first crush on a friend. Just trying my best not to be to obvious doesn't help when we spend about every day together

7. Selphie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lots of sympathy from me, I'm going through that same thing now. Though my friend just moved to another city, so I don't have to see her all the time (which is both a blessing and a curse).
    I don't know about you, but I'm mostly worried that things will turn weird between us, she's one of my closest friends and since this started I feel like I can't tell her everything, they way I used to.

8. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    So True... And yet I have these weird coming out "urges" around him. :eusa_doh:

9. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those urges is what is going to get me into trouble lol the other day we were a little bit hungover and laid in bed literally all day and having him that close was a little hard

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2013 at 01:33 PM ----------

I know what you mean I have a horrible tendency of pushing others away and he is one of very few people I trust and the last thing I want is to make anything awkward. I love having him around all the time yet at the same time it slightly hurts.

10. Selphie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That = my feelings exactly. If you figure out how to deal with it, do let me know. I really hope it works out well for you.

11. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I deffinetly will. My head tells me it's wrong but my heart is deciding to be a rebel and do its own thing. As of right now it feels like I'm in a change both physically and psychologically kind of an odd yet cool sense so hopefully what ever I'm going through helps me understand better in what I want, if that makes any sense

12. Selphie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, stupid heart always getting in the way of everything :wink:
    Yeah, I think it makes sense, I'm sort of in that place too.

13. TopherBoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice to know someone else is feeling the same thing makes me feel a bit more sane.

Another note I kinda left out a minor detail in which I think is the reason my heart clings to that last glimmer of hope but he told me he has slept with a guy before. So I think knowing that part kind of gives me a false hope. Damn emotions lol