1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents and family/fear

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Matt1, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Matt1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well i am really scared of my parents figuring out that i am bi. My parents are very religious and they frown against anything that doesn't fit to their perfect standards.The thing is i am still very uncomfortable with my sexuality and they always insult everything that is different. Another thing is when they first figured out my sister was bi sexual they sent her to a mental hospital for a few months saying she had a mental illness.And they didn't let her leave until she said she wasn't bi sexual. And i am scared of that happening to me.and i really have no one to turn to. I mean i live in a community where anything like this is not accepted and i already have enough problems with standing out and being different.

It just really hurts to hear all the insults they say. It is Also really bothers me to pretend all the time. (even before i started thinking i was bi) and then their is the fact i cant even accept myself as a person too. I have just been really depressed lately because of anxiety. i feel like i have pretended in life so long i have no idea who i am anymore and just feel so lost.

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I see that u r 18. I went through similar circumstances when I was your age as far as acceptance goes, unfortunately I was a chicken who ran for the next ten years. Please don't run. Love yourself, and realize God loves u. Pray to Him and He will help u with your family issues....I promise :slight_smile:

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

"I was a chicken who ran for ten years" I was a chicken for nearly 30 years....I think all of us on EC have felt lost at some point in their lives I still do. Your 18. Legally don't think your parents can hospitalize you just on their word. Living in fear is not healthy. Are you thinking of or in college? Maybe apply to schools out of state.Do you work? Save money for a while. That may give you some options to get yourself in a better environment where you feel safe to be you.