1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on not scaring her needed!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dellastar, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Dellastar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok so I identify as lesbian. I came out in my teens I'm now late 20s but couple of years ago did try a straight relationship and had a child some people say i must be bi but I identify as gay n that's fine with me so anyway a week ago I met a girl while out our eyes met over the room kinda deal we kissed and planned to spend the rest of the evening tog but we got separated through friends and the next day I couldn't stop thinking about her I tracked her down on good old face book and she accepted we have been chatting since but not discussed anything sexually or that we kissed as on the night I was told she was straight so didn't want to push she then brought it up and apologised I said I didn't mind and knew she was straight she has said she's not and that she is bi but that she's never been sexual with a girl and that its scary we I suggested getting to know each other and cross that bridge if and when it comes to it I really like her and totally understand that this is all very new to her so intend to let her go at her own pace but that's kinda my problem I don't want to scare her or push so will talk as normal about general things but I realise when we meet up which we are soon I don't want to come on too strong but don't want to come across back offish so do I kiss her or wait for her to make a move how should I be obviously be myself but well any advice?

2. thinthinline

You have to time it just right, when the conversation is on a more serious note and related to this. If that opportunity arises, I would just say that you really like her, and you understand this is new to here. I would follow that up with encouragement and reassurance that whatever type of "friendship" she wants to have with you is fine. It doesn't have to be really complicated. It could be as simple as "Well, I really like you, and I know this is all new for you. Whatever you're comfortable with is cool with me, just let me know if I'm too stand offish or coming on too strong, just so I'm in the know. But yeah..I like you, just saying."

I can't say from experience, but if she's bi or closeted gay, she'll at least be very flattered.