1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hot Pink, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Hot Pink

On Thursday, my best friend and I went to brunch. It seemed like a ordinary meal with her. We started talking about how we don't really like seeing the same person over and over or just people in general. We both like our space and need some alone time to stay sane, but then she said this bomb shell: "Except you. I could hang out with you every day. For some reason, you don't annoy me the way everyone else does."

This gave me pause. Wait, what? I thought. It wasn't just this, but a few weeks ago, she said, "I want a girlfriend." It was random, much like the brunch comment.

And before that, we hugged for the first time. Now, you may say, "So what?" The reason this is significant is that neither of us are big huggers. We both have issues with being touched intimately. I think that hug changed our relationship, though. When we hugged, I felt safe. I had never felt that way before and the way she briefly leaned against me, I knew it was mutual. We had never hugged each other before, despite knowing each other for two years. It just never happened, but the way it happened was so natural and fluid. Not awkward or weird at all.

I just don't know what's going on... At all. Is something happening here or am I just being crazy?

#1 Hot Pink, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013