1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reached critical point with my family.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gleeko0, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess everything will be over this year, otherwise I don't think I'll have any hope anymore.

Whether it will be a good ending, or a bad ending, only time will tell. I received threats to my life, coming from my dad, yesterday. Although I knew I was not safe here since the beginning, that was my final conviction.

He said he would shoot me if he saw me with a guy, and that he would shoot down the other person too. With all words. I had received similar threats before but not with this tone or this specific. Previously, he had said he would act against anyone I supposedly bring home, which would be accounted as an "invasion", so he kind of didn't commit a crime saying that, well, now he did. I never, EVER said I would bring anyone home to begin with.

He also threatened to cut my College funding, but he knows he can't do that because I am his dependent and he proved he can finance it by allowing me in. They can't expel me from home because this is my home too. He is looking for a way to deliberately get hid of me, I know it. All because I am a "fag"

Back to the point. I'm 17, in College (College's in Brazil have no lodging) and I have no money. I don't have many options, but I will try my best to keep myself safe and leave this house. I sent an email to the University's psychological accompaniment program telling I needed guidance and explaining I was receiving threats to my life, and I'll have a consultation this week. Monday, probably. I'm afraid about the outcome of this, but I am feeling threatened so I'm not shutting my mouth.

Then I analyzed my options. I have rights on this apartment, and my parents do as well, equally. I was thinking about legally propose them to buy my part. That would be my University's financing, then I could maintain myself with the rest for the time I look for a job.

For that I'll need a lawyer, and I'll need to be an adult too, obviously. So I can't act until I am 18.

I am afraid of doing this, I'm feeling lost at some point, but I am not staying here. I have to keep my sanity, and I will not tolerate this kind of conduct towards me like if if I was an object destitute of rights.

For now, all my hope lies on that counseling. Its that or nothing.

My parents, and my family are pronounced homophobes that want me dead or out of their views. I don't love them anymore but I will give them just what they want, I will disappear.

I may be dramatic, but I know what I heard and I don't want a bullet on my head nor third parties killed because of me. If he thinks there are no consequences for saying that, he is very wrong and I will prove it. I will pave my way with the resources a 17'r old college student has, but it will be a damn good road.

2. I read this story and felt truly sick that anyone ever had to experience it. This kind of thing has to stop.
    I think I speak for the entire empty closet's community when I say stay strong, you'll always have our support.
    If death threats have been used you should really go to the police, especially if you think they're serious. In the mean time will any of your college friends let you stay with them? There must be someone.
    I'm sorry but I'm just a kid myself so can't offer much advice.
    I hope it's a comfort to you that my thoughts are with you, and that I feel nothing but respect for your actions.
    Stay Strong, it will get better.

3. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I have no words to describe how sorry and discusted I feel :tears:

I can't add any advice since I'm not out yet and am 15. But I can offer you my support and attention. :thumbsup:

Keep us up-to-date on everything, and remember thar we're here for you. :slight_smile:

Best of Luck!

4. LauraMarie

Im so sorry you have to go through this hun :frowning2: i too cant offer much advice because ive never been in this situation D: But i would go talk to Kay she's great at giving out advice and she's helped me a lot! I hope things get better for you :frowning2: nobody deserves to live in fear like this :'(