1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would a guy do this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jayboy999, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jayboy999

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I have this guy that I think likes me but is closeted. I have many reasons for believing he is gay but would it be normal for him to not always want to talk if he did like me? Is that normal for people to be distant even if ur extemly close. Like he shows me incredible affection in person but not in text or anything

2. Gen

Gen

Is it just in text/media that he seems distant? Personally, I am a horrible texter(or some I'm told....). Some people dont always have the relaxtion in their life to be able to notice or text back everyone immediately, all of the time. However, if he never responded to anything that would seem a bit odd. The point is that being with someone in person is much different than texting and media messaging, and those things could just not way much into his life.

3. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He could just not be responding because he's scared to show that he might like you. I've done this plenty of times sadly. It never works out. He also might be really bad at conveying emotions through texting or social media. Had this just started recently or had he never texted you back? Maybe he just prefers to talk to people face to face. The only way to truly know is to ask him why he doesn't text you back or talk to you much (if not at all) other than in person. Maybe just mention it to him face to face. I know someone that talks to me all the time in person and we have lots of fun joking around and being serious, but we suck at conversations over Facebook or text.

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't take it as a negative sign. My "interest" who I believe likes me like that is a HORRIBLE texter. There are two possibilities: one, he could legit just be bad with a phone or yes,two, he may want to distance himself for a couple reasons: maybe doesn't want to come across as liking u THAT much, or maybe talking to u brings up those feelings that he doesn't want to face.

In my case, my "interest" is a brutal texter. I see signs of effort but in the end it is frustrating as all hell, cause he fails at it miserably lol. But I have to look at the big picture. Some of the ways he shows me he cares are much much bigger than a text message.

Funny thing about our text life is he is brutal at texting. In fact as we speak I've been waiting almost two days for him to respond. However, if I don't respond to him with an hour or so, he gets ancy, and starts questioning if I'm ignoring etc, and actually gets upset. I in a weird way love that cause it reassures me he does care, that he is bad with his phone, or doesn't want to text cause he is afraid of his feelings for me etc.

Some may not recommend this, but use this as a check to see where you and your friend are at. Next time he texts u, unless it is very important, don't respond right away, just see how he reacts to u not responding. Obviously don't do it in a "I'll show u" kind of way, but just use it as a feelings check.

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know guys who would give the shirt off their back but never reply to a text or email.

6. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Also consider that he might not want texts on his phone, or be seen to be constantly texting someone who is male if indeed he is a bit unsure on his sexuality. It only takes one parent or one other person to see him doing it all the time to start asking questions to him. Also might not want a load of texts from males on his phone in case someone finds the phone and again asks questions.

Personally I am a crap texter but it is more laziness than anything else for me, I have to answer a phone if its ringing but I can read a message and then reply later on after I have thought about it.

7. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^^ I've never thought about that angle of "male" texts before. Although I can't prove that in my case, it actually makes a lot of sense for me.