1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling others without my consent

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LuckyScrubs, Mar 14, 2013.

1. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ever since I came out to my close friends, apparently there are a few people who I have been hanging out with, secretly knows that I'm gay. Although they (who secretly know) act normal around me as if they don't know anything, I found out that one of my friend I came out first to was the one who told them. He told me about this last week cus he said it was out of curiosity despite me saying no to the idea of telling others outside the circle (he wanna know other's reaction/opinion). He apologized afterwards tho and feel bad.

Now in the past I would think that I'm being betrayed and I would hate him for telling others. But instead I told him that it can't be undone and to take it easy as if I don't care what others would think. Is this a good thing? I'm just afraid that knowing I'm not mad from this, my other friends would be more loose in telling others about me (I know one other who really really wanted to tell this other friend just to see his reaction). In this case, I was lucky that the new people are ok with me, but what if something to happen again and end up badly? Should I emphasize my friend more on how important not to tell others?

2. asmith6543

Tell him that you value trust in a relationship, which is what you relied on when you told him your secret. When there is no trust, the foundation of your friendship ceases to exist. Tell your friend your gonna let it slide, but he's got to think before he opens his mouth.