1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Str8 and need some advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hawkings1980, Mar 14, 2013.

1. hawkings1980

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello,

hope y'all doing well. I feel odd about even doing this.. but I have a bit of a problem. I will try to keep it short and simple. I accidentally developed feelings for someone (of the same gender). The relationship I had with them was flirting and quite emotional. Nothing ever developed further.

The person I have feelings for.. its several years older than me and is in a long term domestic relationship and is also str8. We no longer speak to each other do to a bit of an argument we had almost a year ago.

I still think about them often. And even though I try to move on, nothing feels the same. Nothing feels like how they made me feel inside. It really feels like a horrible dream to me. Not because I developed feelings for someone of the same gender but because I still have feelings for them.

Hope this makes sense.. any sort of help/advice.. would do me good right now.:icon_sad:

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

Anyone?

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey, sorry you had to wait so long for a reply, perhaps you're not 100% straight, maybe just 95%?? either way, feelings come and go, but it all takes time, eventually it will fade, but in the meantime try to learn a lil more about yourself, or do some self reflection and think about why you feel the way you do, sometimes that understanding will bring a little peace.

3. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Was there any kind of physical or sexual attraction or was it purely emotional

4. hawkings1980

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you! Yes your right, perhaps I can take this time for some personal growth

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

Yes, there was an attraction there as well. For both sides I would like to believe but can't say that for sure.

5. Romi

Well...yes, obviously there was an attraction. But Toneth is asking what kind of attraction. Physical? Emotional? What?

6. hawkings1980

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Both.

7. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    If there was physical attraction you may want to do some serious self evaluation and searching. Maybe you're mainly straight, but with a little bi?? Thing is, best way to handle it is to not run from it or deny it. Evaluate it and see what u come up with. Life is much more peaceful when we face our issues and deal with them.