1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family, Friends, and School

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I need to vent for awhile. Pardon the interruption to your current lives. Although any input that any of you have, thanks.

Family:
    So I've never talked about my family on here before, but I will now. Sometimes I can really hate my family. So homophobic. My sister and my dad mainly. I HATE when my sister comes from college because we don't get along. Before you ask though, I'm not out to my family. Will I even consider it? No. My dad annoys me. My sister annoys me. I get along fine with my mom though. Like my dad tries to explain something to me about something I don't even care about. He wanted me to help him put in a new sump pump. It was a Saturday, my first free Saturday all winter. I wanted to do nothing, but nope had to help. He actually yelled at me because I wasn't paying attention. WHEN WILL I EVER HAVE TO PUT IN A SUMP PUMP?! NEVER!

Friends:
    Well more like 'friend,' because this is about one specific person. Alex. For those of you who know, then ignore this, but for those who don't he's my best friend. He started going out with this freshman, Christina, a little before Homecoming at our school and they've been going out ever since. I don't like it. I'm glad he's happy and all but they're relationship is kinda gross. Too touchy-feely. I don't really know how to explain it but I'm not alone in not liking them together. A lot of people don't. See the thing is I have always assumed their relationship was fishy. I kind of got my proof.

Today my friend Jess came into English and said to me, "Guess what I heard in Forensics yesterday?"
    "What?"
    "Well it was just me, Christina, Rebecca (Christina's twin sister), and Jenna (their friend), and Christina just started talking about Alex, and then she tried to give me advice on guys. She said that I should find a naive and geeky guy because they'll do whatever you want them too."
    You want to know how most people would describe Alex? Naïve and geeky. If Jess is telling the truth, then Christina is just using Alex, which is what I always expected. I don't want to see him get hurt...but I know he won't believe me if I tell him. What should I do? I know I shouldn't...I just really don't want to see him get too hurt...

School:
    Almost down, bear with me. School...so much to say. Well first off, they do nothing. I have sent two anonymous bully reports about homophobia, one of them even getting down to some specifics even including names, and nothing has been done. That's cool? There's also the major class changes. Our idiotic school board is cutting classes just to save a few bucks, which means I might lose my favorite language, Latin, just because our school is unable to manage their money. That leaves me with French if I want a language, since I already took three years of Spanish (yeah, I'm a language junkie). Arghh. I HATE this school. D:

2. CountessAbby

I am sorry to hear this so much. My 16 year old son has not had one single issue with being an "out" gay in his small rural school, he is a sophomore and has about 150 kids in his class. I think what really makes a difference is that they have a few very gay teachers in the school. All the kids seem very accepting of him, girls and guys both. So far. Its rough when your highschool sucks...that happened to our daughter. They really need to stop the bullying and the sexual harassment behavior. What a shame they are ignoring it..perhaps you need to send the letter to the school board or the district supervisor? This is very very bad and a huge issue right now. Ignoring it like that? Really so 80's. Just be there for your friend....you are a good friend. You cannot do much about the getting hurt part, just help him through it when the time comes. Dont bother telling him...just be there when he falls to pick him up. He wont believe you and he may just get angry at you. Its acceptable for us to get disgusted with family members...and its permitted at my house. Just because your related doesnt mean you have to agree or really be close...many family members cant stand each other. I cant stand my mom. My son cannot tell his dad he is gay...we all have issues. Just get thru these next few years and try to tolerate the sump pump nonsense...sometimes its just easier to play the game...good luck to you