1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to make of this

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mogget, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Mogget

So I met someone on a dating site, and we went on a date which I really enjoyed, and zie said zie enjoyed too. Zie's a female-bodied genderqueer pansexual person who prefers male pronouns. Today zie's changed his profile to say zie's female and interested in "girls who like girls." I'm not entirely sure what do think. I mean a few possibilities that spring to mind are:

Dating me made zer realize zie's not as interested in guys as zie thought.

Zie really liked the date with me, hopes to date me further, and so now is only looking for girls to date.

Zie's just generally uncertain about zer gender identity and and sexual orientation. This last seems a bit unlikely as zie was adamant last night that the general masc identification was something zie was certain of.

Thoughts?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I missed the part where you said ze's polyamorous...

3. Mogget

Don't think zie is...

4. luvanmusiq

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think Zie is just confused and doesnt know where to go. Maybe you did something that made him like you to the point that he wasnt sure if he was actually ready to go that far. Its possible that this is their first experience and you are the one who is first in line to make a dent in their sexuality exploration. Just possibilities...

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is one of the problems with online dating - or dating when you have connections online in general: too much information. It's hard to know how to process all of it.

My suggestion - proceed as if you didn't know the information from the profile. As you said, it could have been changed for any number of reasons, and since we have no way of knowing, act as you normally might following the date. Have a good time? Give them a call and see what they're up to in the near future. Feeling iffy? Wait a while. In any case, give them a chance to tell you face-to-face (or voice-to-voice, or whatever) how they, themself, feel about you.