1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over your best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Troastable, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Troastable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 16 and am fully out so everyone except my granddad as he would likely disown me, in the words of my parents for the past 6 months, and I have been completely in love my best friend for the past 3-4 months now, we talk about everything together, especially his trouble with his girlfriend, and to put a long story short, he discovered that I fancy him a few days ago and although he doesn't mind-he's quite flattered to be honest, I have felt really self-conscious and just down ever since he found out which has made him feel like he has done something wrong.
    I need to either get over him or be able to act normally around him again because our friendship means more to me than my "affection" for him and I'm afraid if it carries on I will lose my mind, especially in the run up to exam.

Help?

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is hard cause the most effective way is time and distance, none of which u want to give to a best friend. All I can say is if u look at pics of him...don't...try to not think of him as much as possible. It's hard dude. I feel your pain.

3. Aielar

I was in a similiar situation a few years back with a good friend of mine, and after he found out we didn't talk face to face for a day or two. After a day and a half, I knew the friendship mattered much more to me than pursuing a love interest that wasn't going to happen (he's gay), so I texted him asking if we could start over. So I just buried my feelings and looked elsewhere for a relationship. It wasn't easy, and deep down in a place I don't think about, I probably still have those feelings.

My best advice is to bury the feelings, hard as that is to do. Best of luck.