1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice about this girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ailurophile, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Ailurophile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I've only recently been openly lesbian. I've never really dated anybody. I've been asked out by guys before, but I think that's pretty irrelevant. Basically, I'm really inexperienced. More to the point, my friend has this friend who is a lesbian. She has joined us for lunch a few times. After the first time she sent my friend a text saying that we were fun and she would like to have lunch with us again. One Friday night we (and a couple other friends) invited her to hang out with us. There was this moment when one of my friends was laughing at my student card picture and I was embarrassed and hid it. The girl said "you have to show us now". So I showed everyone and she said "that's not bad at all". Later that night all my friends split except for one and so 3 of us (my friend between me and the girl) laid on my bed and watched a movie. When it was over I offered to drive the girl back to her dorm. It was a little awkward at first, but then we made some small talk. Another night we did this thing at our dorm and my friend kept calling the girl to see if she was coming (she had said she would). She came, but super late. My friends arranged that we sit next to eachother. I think maybe we're just both super shy but we didn't speak to eachother really unless we were also talking to our mutual friend. She did say one thing to me though. Something about James bond on Nintendo 64. So. Basically I like her even though we haven't talked that much just the two of us. I feel extremely nervous around her. I kind of want to ask her to come over and play James bond with me but I'm afraid because I don't want to seem creepy. I'm also afraid that maybe we're both too shy and I wouldn't know how to break the ice. I'm not even sure if she likes me. I don't know. Any advice? Absolutely any?

2. wildeflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    reading this, I think your biggest fear is being rejected. this is completely human, but that doesn't mean you have to act on it. I know it is easier than it sounds but I think you should ask her to come over. And if that is too hard, just ask her if she likes to do something together. (get a drink or something).
    For me it always helps to admit I'm shy or afraid, because it helps people understand me.
    I hope this helps. Good luck ^^

3. WorldsCollided

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone has to be the one breaking the ice =). Just ask for if she wanna come over and play the game with you and if you are shy about it just ask her in a friendly way see how it goes from there =).

4. Ailurophile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I appreciate the advice. We did lunch and dinner with her again, but I was way too nervous to say anything. She makes me really shaky. I'm thinking of sending her a message on facebook. I'm just thinking of how I should word it and everything.

5. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know how you feel! why dont you plan some more things with your mutual friend? it would make things less awkward and you will get to know eatch other more and become more confident around her?try not to think about liking her? when theres conversations join in just be your self dont try and think to much about it? or maybe go out for a drink? if your legal to drink? alcohol can give you confidence. that usually works for me haha x