1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WorldsCollided, Mar 17, 2013.

1. WorldsCollided

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to bother you guys but I just feel like I really have to talk about my mom and how she makes it all ok for me.

I spent almost 10 years away from home and I have dated and was with a transman while I was away. I have moved home for a bit over a year now. I can't remember when or how did I know that I am gender-blind. I never told my mom about it and as I'm getting closer to 30 having a family of my own is something my mom brought up quite often then one day we sat and talked out of the blue she said * You really don't have anyone you are romatically involve with?" I was surprised as we NEVER talked about these things. I said "Nope". She continued with "Really? You not even date anyone at the moment?". I laughed it off and told her that I work 12-16 hours a day no time for that.

The thing she said next just made me soooooo happy and proud! She said "Fine, but if you ever feel that way with someone please bring that person home. I would really like to get to know that person. I wouldn't mind at all if the one you fall for is not a man. You should be able to love anyone you want. I might have difficult time knowing it but that's my problem. You are my daughter and all I want is for you to be happy."

From that I decided to tell her how I feel and about the people that I was together with and to be honest with you I was afraid eventhough she said it out loud already but to let her in, it was difficult.

And it really take the loads of my shoulder. The fact that she is ok with it makes me feel like I couldnt careless how everybody else would feel. I was in for a big surprise when i confronted my friends about it. They do have questions which I dont mind giving them the answer. It was intense but they were also very understanding.

It was just a good talk really.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are extremely fortunate to have such a mother, it makes all the other issues around coming out so much easier to deal with.

Congratulations!

3. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Made me cry... So awesome that you have such a great mom!(!)