1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorced parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hopeful, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hopeful

My parents are divorced, have been for years now, but things are still not always easy. My parents don't talk to each other and my siblings and I go from house to house each week. We spend 4 days with Mom and 3 with Dad. Anyone else have a similar situation? What do you do to make going back and forth easier?

2. LinaBean

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents divorced when I was 2 so I guess I've forgotten the hardest times. I spent most of my time at my mom's and every other weekend at my dad's until grade 10. Then I would usually switch house every week.

Perhaps moving back and forth less often would be easier so you have time to settle in. 3 and 4 days seems like almost no time unless they live in the same neighbourhood.

Also leaving some of your stuff (clothes, stuff to do with any hobbies you're interested in) at each house will make both places feel like home. I always had a bike and different toys at each of my parents houses.