1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could it ever work?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by angryandconfuse, Mar 18, 2013.

1. angryandconfuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes I'm asking for relationship advice.

I met this girl online and I really really like her and she likes me too but she wants to get to know me before jumping into anything which is totally understandable. The only problem is she lives an hour away. I guess an hour isn't too bad, but I don't really have a way to get out there. Maybe on weekends, but only if a friend drives me. Anyway, this is driving me crazy. I'm so scared that a relationship between me and her won't work if we don't end up getting to see each other.

Should I still pursue her or should I just give up and move on?

2. photoguy93

You have to be practical. If you can't get out there, then it isn't totally practical. However, can she get to you? Or halfway?

Even at that, it would be tough. I think you really should connect with her and stay friends, but try your best to just take it as it comes. Have you ever dated before? Long distance is very tough. If you drove, it would be different. Will you be driving in the future?

3. leer

she sounds like she quite level headed maybe you can plan a day together say meet halfway you are still young and there`s no rush is there .

4. chibiidol

chibiidol Guest

i say you give it a shot, some of the best relationships have started out long distance, thats partially because it takes so much dedication to keep a long distance relationship.
    I say give it a shot, you never know unless you try ^ - ^

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree :slight_smile:

6. angryandconfuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can get out there, it's just not the optimal situation. And yes, I've dated plenty before and I've a had a couple long distance relationships (way further than a one hour drive, mind you) and one of them worked, the other didn't. In my experience it's mainly the people involved that make or break it, not the situation itself. Everyone I have been interested in that actually lives near me, in the past year at least, has turned me down for some reason or another. I like her, she likes me, we live an hour apart. It's starting to feel pretty hopeless. And I don't really wanna hear "You're too young to worry about relationships" because seventeen is definitely not too young for a relationship and I think I know what I need and don't need more than anyone else, regardless of age. My friend is willing to drive me out there. I'd rather not make him do that because he's my friend, not my chauffeur, but I want to see her. I just get scared because even if it is an hour away, I can make it work. But something ALWAYS has to go wrong and I'm just waiting for it. I'm waiting for "I just wanna be friends" or "I'm moving" or "I can't handle dating someone who has problems with depression" or something. And maybe I'm worried over nothing. Maybe for once I can like someone who likes me and we can have something real, but that's just not my life.

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM ----------

I certainly want to give it a shot, but I'm freaking out