1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to be understood?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Laurenngoesrawr, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Laurenngoesrawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I have a new boyfriend and today we've been together for a month already. I was wondering, is it stupid of me to wish he really understood me? Like, I want him to know how self conscious I am, how jealous I get, how I really hate his mustache (lol).., etc. I pretty much just want him to know everything about me but I don't know how to say ANYTHING to him about it. He knows I'm embarrassed to eat in front of him, but two days ago I did eat a little in front of him. Plus I burped, which is something I'm a tiny bit famous for in my family.

What if he thinks I'm disgusting or something because of it? I asked him if he thought me and my family were crazy after that day, and he said "OMG, no. I love your family and I especially love you.:slight_smile:" Should I believe him about that? I mean, what if he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings? I dunno..I'm writing letters to people right now telling them how I really am, how I feel about them and how I really am a emotionally deep person. I'm never going to let them read it though..

Should I write everything I want to say to my boyfriend and just suck it up and show it to him? What if he thinks I'm stupid for it all? What if he thinks I'm too weird and deep for him? UGH...

2. Wolfie Charm

I’ve never had a boyfriend, but I do not think it is stupid to want that deeper connection with him. Or to see how deep it could all ready be. Maybe you could write the letter and just tell/show him what you want to say little by little? I get super self-conscious too so I would probably work up my nerve that way if in a situation like yours. :wink:

3. Laurenngoesrawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Wolfie Charm

Yay, I was at least a little helpful!! Lol

Hope all goes well with whatever you decide. :thumbsup: