1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know where to go from here...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Neoteric, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Neoteric

Neoteric Guest

I have had really bad luck with guys and as far as girls go I generally could do well but there are only a handful in my tiny school and having not dated a guy that’s where my interest has been recently...
    I was interested in this guy and he was equally interested in me but super homophobic and on the football team (sad right?) but anyways when it was just me and him he was great but when other people were around he acted like a total douche (not okay in my book) and his friends hated me (kinda the anti-jock at my school). But one thing led to another and we kinda got into a fight thing and he ended up being expelled (totally unrelated) and moved to Texas. Never heard from him again (think he was shipped to military school). But now I am stuck in a slightly similar position.
    There is this guy now (like 4 months later) and he seems really nice, he is super positive, another sporty guy (red flag), but in student council with me, and overall not repelled by my inability to be a meat head (good sign). But he doesn't know I'm bi and while I have some suspicion about him being bi too, I don't know how to breech the subject. Prom is coming up and we have this weeklong grade trip coming before that and so I am really wanting to say something but I don't know how or what to say that won't scare him... I am not like super in love or anything but it's enough that it's starting to nag at me. Assuming he is straight (my safest bet probably) I would still want to be friends but I don't know how to breech the topic and A. get an honest answer and B. keep from freaking him out.

Advise, Sugestions or futher questions would be welcome :confused:

#1 Neoteric, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  2. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Are there any LGBT youth centers in your area, by chance? I'd definitely start there. And I'm pretty sure it either is or is about to be prom season - I think PFLAG hosts a gay prom in Albuquerque. :slight_smile:

I think those would be your best bets for meeting eligible dudes.

3. Neoteric

Neoteric Guest

Sorry it posted before I finished typing when I pushed enter (to start a new line not to post it) but thanks for the advise...
    My school is semi religious and super homophobic so we don't have a gay straight alliance or anything but I didn't think about the albuquerque community...

4. First of all, what do you want to get from having a relationship?
    Secondly, you need to really think about what about him makes you so interested.
    Will it really be worth it for you to ask?
    Always make sure to write down reasons for and against doing something.
    From there you can decide for yourself.