1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asked Him out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lights, Mar 20, 2013.

1. lights

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I posetd before about this guy I was crushing on hard.... and yesterday (in some sort of an adrenaline rush I think, I couldn't have been thinking straight as I am not the type who asks strangers out) I went and sent him a message on Facebook if he would like to have coffee with me. Yeah, just like that out of the blue like without being introduced or anything. So you can imagine I'm still shaking a bit.

But he said yes.....

...which made me sooooo happy but also S U P E R scared because I've never been on a date. ever. And never thought I would be going on one. We still have to decide time and place but I'm super stressed and of course over the clouds right now. But I don't want to ruin any chances so I really don't know how to act/what to do/ what to say/ generally just so scared.

Any advice for the first date in your life?
    (The whole thing still feels like something I would never do in a million years. Still it happened)

2. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Eeeeee, how exciting! :grin: Good for you! I think the nervousness and butterflies are all par for the course; you'll probably loosen up when you actually hang out.

3. notsurewhy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heyy,
    That's so exciting. Please share how it went bud. :slight_smile:

4. Mytchii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A tip: be yourself, ie. Don't try too hard.

But most importantly, have fun! That's the point of a date. =D Let us know how it goes!!

5. Ianthe

Remember that it's already a date, you already asked him out, and, therefore, it's okay if he can tell that you are interested in him. He already knows that.

It's normal to be nervous, and not something you need to be ashamed of. Trying not to be nervous, or to hide that you are, will only make it worse.

What do you know about him? Do you know what sort of things he's interested in?

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second Ianthe's comments, it's him that you should focus on, he will notice that you are interested in him and should respond in kind...that's how it starts!

Best of luck!

7. photoguy93

Good job! It's a huge step!

It's just coffee. This is not an invitation to your sister's wedding... three states away.

Be yourself, enjoy your first date, and have fun. :slight_smile:

8. lights

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all for your responses! We haven't still decided on a date as he says he is super busy, of course it makes me feel a bit worried, but then again our mutual friend told me that he is always busy with his work and stuff.

Well based on what my friend told, we have pretty much in common, we are both really interested in fashion and share a quite similar sense of style, and also we have a very similar taste in music. Still I'm super nervous that I'll just freeze and not know what to say or talk about....