1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm starting to hate my family more everyday

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MatthewJS, Mar 20, 2013.

1. MatthewJS

It's looks like they don't fucking care about me anymore. I do what they ask and they just give shit. I'm starting to get close to them.again but they don't care. My parents and my little sister hates me the most because I don't do what they ask me to. My parents don't care what my siblings do to me. They just let it slide by like nothing happened. I only consider my true friends family because they listen to my problems unlike my fucking parents. I don't know what to do anymore. And sorry for my language.

2. This is what many teenagers think and go through.
    A lot of people our age tend to feel alienated from our family and rely on telling our friends everything we can't tell to our family because they do not understand or cannot even be bothered to.
    I've been through this one too many times and in fact you are right (to some extent). It's hard to try and please your parents and expect them to take a vested interest in us.
    They should people who we can to communicate with and see as exemplifying role models yet some fail to do things for their children.

For now I can only llisten to you and empathise since I do not see the full extent of your problems and what you are does seem to be vague and typical. Please elaborate, otherwise not much advice can be given.

3. Ianthe

You are 14. I can only think that this is normal teen frustration with parents. I'm sorry it's difficult right now.

It's normal for you to have some tension with your parents as you become more independent. Your relationship with them has to be renegotiated. It will be all right.

4. MatthewJS

I really respect my family but dont even care about me. They never did for the past few years. They make me feel so unwanted!

5. Ianthe

Have you told them how you feel?

6. MatthewJS

Theyll yell at me and wont care. I see their patterns.

7. CountessAbby

Its hard when you are young and you depend on them and must live in their home. It will get better as you get older but dont expect to be best friends with people just because you are related. It is NOT "required" and we are not all the Waltons. I am over 30 and still cannot stand my mother. She is manipulative, abusive and mean. She was then and she still is now.....but my life is so much better now because I dont have to listen to her or put up with her. If she is mean on the phone I can hang up! If she is mean when I am at her house I can leave. If she is mean at my house I can throw her out. You are still too young to have options. Just put up with it and realize it will get better later on. And its "OKAY" to have people in your family that you cant stand, dont agree with or simply have no fondness for. You can't even imagine our family holidays. Good Lord..why grown people force themselves to socialize on holidays just because they happen to be related.....I will never understand. Maybe thats why everyone drinks at holiday time? Because they know they will be forced to mingle with people they can barely tolerate? Hang in there...it will get better. They do not have to approve of you, agree with you or even like you when you are older but at your age, you have to sort of just bide your time...!