1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck in a closet and trying to get relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nyc, Mar 21, 2013.

1. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how am i suposed to get a relationship with a girl if noone knows im gay?
    if i came out would there be more of a chance on finding a relationship?

2. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm gonna assume you mean a relationhip with a girl.

In which case, yes, coming out would definitely increase your chances of finding someone to be in a relationship with. The problem of being closeted is.. you're closeted. If you don't tell people you're gay, there's no way for them to know you are. So how could anyone ever consider you as relationship material when for all they know you're straight? If they don't know, and you don't tell them.. that's a dead end.

Now if by some chance you do find someone who does take a real interest in you despite not knowing you're gay, and at some point you decide to tell her "yes, I like you that way too," then there's still the problem of you being in the closet for the rest of the world; I'm sure a lot of girls would have a problem with that. Most people in relationships want the world to know they're in relationships.

So yes, coming out would 1. increase your chances of finding a girlfriend, and 2. increase your chances of making the relationship work.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't want to come out to everyone, maybe you can seek out gay-friendly social groups and be out only to them?

4. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thankyou, im open to some of my friends and they have got me with a girl before, but still when people find out there like no way your gay i never knew! so how are other gay people suposed to know? haha i guess im just gonna have to be open to everyone including family :/

5. Naomilly92

If you came out, it would definitely increase your chances of finding love, but there are still ways of finding love while you're in the closet, join an LGBT group around your local area, that should help you meet people and possibly a love interest

6. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried there isn't really any around my area I've looked online :/