1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thisthewaywego, Mar 21, 2013.

1. thisthewaywego

Hey,

I've never posted on this forum before, just wanted a bit of advice. It's one of the standard fancying your best friend posts so sorry to bore you all :slight_smile: Basically I've recently had really strong feelings someone I've known since we were kids. We both say we're straight and he has had a girlfriend for quite a while.

But I have really strong suspicions he has feelings for me too, and I think this goes beyond wishful thinking. We both seem to make excuses to touch each other all the time - we've both held hands briefly and he's made excuses to kiss me on the cheek etc. We always seem to make eye contact a lot (really intensely sometimes) and he's also been stalking my facebook profile quite a bit too... A couple of months ago we both went to visit some friends and stayed in the same bed. We were both just wearing our boxers and basically spooned each other pretty intimately for the whole night. In conversations since then we both keep talking about how great that trip was and the subject of homosexuality keeps coming up in conversations as well. He's also joked about us having sex and stuff too..

As you can see, pretty strong hints :slight_smile: but he has had the same girlfriend for ages and will occasionally be quite distant with me... Any ideas what I should do? It's quite delicate though - this is one of my oldest and closest friends and I really don't want to mess anything up...

2. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC! Hugs
    I would be near as a friend but offer subtle hints of attraction. You look great today. your hair is really nice. How is what's her name, she is really lucky to have you. Just hints and compliments and see how he reacts. Collect is responses in you mind and keep moving forward if he seems interested. If there is no interest wait a bit then try again hugs and good luck dear.

3. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    All I can say is. Don't let the girlfriend thing being you down. Yes it could mean that he is straight, but as someone who would get a girlfriend just to run on a crush I had on a guy, or to prove to myself I was straight...a girlfriend does not mean a person is straight by any means. Go with your gut, but like the previous poster said, do it casually.