1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did this girl mean by "All The Nice boys are gay"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

So I was chatting to this friendly girl I work with earlier, and we ended up chatting about what were are planning to do over the weekend and I said just hanging out with my boyfriend.

Her reaction surprised me, he said "You Mean you're gay, its always the nice sweet boys isn't it " and apparently she was planning on asking me out.

Its already got awkward!! I was like "We can still be friends" but she hasn't spoken to me since

I want to be her friend she is a nice girl, I am worried I have offended her by acccident

2. Aldrick

While I don't think it was intentional on her part, she basically insulted you. She basically said that it was unfortunate that you are gay, because if you weren't then you'd be interested in a relationship with her. That's pretty self-centered.

Your boyfriend doesn't think it's a mistake or unfortunate that you're gay. I'm pretty sure he's very glad you're gay, since if you weren't you wouldn't be with him. Besides, even if you were straight it doesn't automatically mean you'd be interested in a relationship with her. In the end, isn't your friendship valuable enough on its own?

Based on what you've written, I don't think you did anything to "offend" her. If you aren't misinterpreting things, and she really is upset about the fact that you're not going to want to be in a romantic or sexual relationship with her, then she is seriously self-centered. Let's hope you're misreading her, but if you're not - then you're the one who should be offended, not her. All you were doing was living your life openly and honestly.

3. BudderMC

I take it differently from how Aldrick interpreted it. I think in this case it's largely up to you to take it however you'd like.

That said, I see it as a compliment. "All the good ones are gay" is a phrase that indicates well, all the good guys (i.e. guys that girls think are worth dating) end up not playing for their team. I think it just means that she's disappointed since you were a good guy and she obviously was interested in you. At least, I take being called a "nice, sweet guy" as a compliment.

I don't think you've offended her. If you're really concerned about it, you can always ask her. A more tact way to go about it is to wait for her to initiate another time to hang out. If she doesn't in the near future and you still want to spend time with her, you initiate it. You'll find out pretty quickly that way whether she's interested in you as a friend or not still.